Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Blackbird



Favorite meal in Chicago? Dinner at
Blackbird.

Great details, like purse holders appearing out of nowwhere to whisk our bags off the ground. And an orange curtain hiding an Abercrombie-like mural in the bathroom (I love that they know it's almost impossible not to peek behind that curtain).
The presentation was beautiful. The food was delicious. The service was excellent. I loved my spot at the table. I had a great view of the door and could not believe the stream of fabulous people coming and going. Blackbird is clearly a Chicago hotspot.



The dinner conversation was the best of all — the ladies from Cool Mom Picks, Friday Playdate, Kirtsy and Cookie Magazine. Who knew we were all so hilarious?

Speaking of Cookie, find my latest Nesting post (all about custom celebration plates) here.

add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Anonymous Liz said...

The pleasure was all ours.

I am still pining for more of that pistachio gazpacho with the ahi tuna. I might as well just make a reservation now for when I'll be back in Chicago in October.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 3:16:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Thank you for sharing a great place to dine in Chicago. Meant to meet 'Cookie' while at BlogHer so that was one item not checked off my 'must meet' while there...but I am smiling that I met you

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 4:43:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous KateB said...

Love to see your purse hanger! A Japanese friend gave me my first one (apparently they come gratis with every purse you buy in Japan - so civilized) and it beats the heck out of digging under the table to find your purse after an elegant meal.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 7:52:00 PM EDT  
Blogger mrs boo radley said...

Okay, so as far as great places and spaces in Chicago I need to remember Sparrow and Blackbird. That should be easy!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 9:08:00 PM EDT  
Blogger K and/or K said...

My husband and I dined there about 7 years ago and we STILL talk about it. Tres chic!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 11:56:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Tonya Staab said...

That looks and sounds fabulous. Next time I'm in Chicago.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 at 11:19:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Girl Land said...

My husband and I love Blackbird. The salad you showed with the egg and bacon wrapped in fried potato may be our favorite food EVER. YUMMMMM. :) xo

Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 2:45:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home