Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Shutter Sisters Suite



Because the Yudu Demo (report post coming) took place in the Shutter Sisters Suite, I was able to spend lots of quality time there. In fact, it was hard to tear myself away. The Suite itself was zen and sophisticated. Smart, artistic people sharing their latest projects with each other, making new contacts and learning about products and technologies that can help them in their work.
Tracey Clark spearheaded the whole thing and I can't thank her enough for letting me share the space.

Three memorable conversations:


A meeting with Kelly, Senior Decorating Editor of
Better Homes & Gardens. She shared the latest issue with me and pointed out the new "Fresh" column featuring a hip, pretty voice and attracting a younger audience to this shelter-magazine-with-a-venerable-history.

A report from
Karen of Chookooloonks about her panel on Marketing to Women of Color. Apparently, she's often mistaken for other well known bloggers-of-color that look absolutely nothing like her. If you can get her to tell you the hilarious story, you will be rewarded. Karen reports that Stefania Butler, Heather Barmore and Kelly Wickham, who joined her on the panel, all did an excellent job.

An introduction to
Jen Lee, a talented Brooklyn artist who shared her new book with me. I connected with her immediately. There are some people you know will be interesting just by the expression on their face or the way they wear their hair.

add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen Lee said...

Gabrielle,

I was so happy to meet you, and I could have talked for hours about great neighborhoods (like Downtown Littleton), life transitions and so much more.

Let's keep in touch!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 3:21:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Abbyblujay said...

To Gabby from Abby ;0)

It was nice meeting you after reading all your fun blogs! I'm a graphic designer (a very newly graduated one last year) and I was super nervous about not being a part of BlogHer at all but i'm glad I came up!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 3:46:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Kelly Kegans said...

Thanks for the mention, Gabrielle. It was fun meeting you and Laura and learning more about Kirtsy. (And I love the Shutter Sisters Suite. It was rockin!)

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 at 10:38:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Catherine said...

Thank heavens for the second paragraph under "three conversations." I have waited so long to see something of this theme appear on your blog ... I believe there is a precious opportunity in those few lines not to be missed.

Monday, August 3, 2009 at 11:49:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What they are doing at BHG is working. I bought my first copy of it this month after loving the cover!

Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 11:09:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home