Monday, July 17, 2006

Diaper Opinions

When all functional elements are equal, I pick products based on design.

With diapers it's a toss up. Though some people feel strongly about which brands leak or don't leak, I've found them all to be pretty similar. Frankly, the diaper changing process is not likely to be that pleasant no matter which brand you use.

So how do I decide? Whatever is in stock at Costco works for me.

What I would prefer? A diaper manufacturer that removed the disney/warnerbrothers/easterlike illustrations and replaced them with simple graphic prints like dots or stripes or maybe with a faded antique floral print for girls and a lovely tartan plaid for boys. I would even prefer plain white to the options that are out there now. Although I do like a size indicator (a simple discreet number will do.)

How is it that Target hasn't figured this out yet?
add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

I have to say it IS annoying when I put a cute outfit on my son and then when he plays with high-action movement the back of the diaper shows and ruins his whole look.

Monday, July 17, 2006 at 4:47:00 PM EDT  
Blogger laura said...

my sister uses huggies because she likes that the back is plain white when it shows out the back of her son's pants. once she told me that, i was hooked on huggies and no longer cared that costco doesn't carry pampers (my long time fav). i still can't bring myself to try the cheap costco brand. they look so cheap.

Monday, July 17, 2006 at 7:51:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seventh Generation unbleached works for me -- in what J Crew would call ecru, most likely.

I started looking into "training" diapers recently and was so disgusted by the bells, whistles, and product tie-ins I'd rather just have my boy run around in soggy white Gerber undies. Feh!

Thursday, July 20, 2006 at 10:46:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jenni said...

i have been thinkin along these lines a lot lately because i love a picture of a baby in just a plain, white diaper. i think you should write to the diaper companies and offer your suggestions as you did with Frank in exchange for a year suply of diapers (or more)now that would be a great trade!

Sunday, August 6, 2006 at 12:49:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about a cloth diaper service?

Monday, August 7, 2006 at 5:57:00 PM EDT  
Blogger devon spec said...

do you like costco's kirkland brand?
i found that they leak horribly, or maybe i have an overly drippy new baby! lol.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 10:42:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous tiziana said...

We use Baby Nature Care: Target used to carry them, but not anymore. They are chlorine free and biodegradable, and much thinner that regular diapers:most importantly they are white with a delicate green leaf pattern. Very classy (but not cheap).

Friday, August 21, 2009 at 10:57:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home