Thursday, July 13, 2006

Wonder Book



This book found its way into my home almost 9 years ago as a gift from my mother-in-law and I love it. It was written by the folks at the 92nd Street Y in Manhattan (the-impossible-to-get-into-preschool-on-the-upper-east-side). It's basically ideas on how to play with really young kids. Some stuff I knew already, but lots was new to me.

One of my favorite ideas from the book: put your baby/toddler on a small blanket and drag the blanket around the room while pretending they are flying or driving or on a train. This is a get 'em happy hit every time. It's not hard to find. Try amazon.

Maybe the long waiting list at the above-mentioned school is justified.
add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger jordan said...

Does the blanket game work very well on carpet? If you start playing games like that will your children expect you to play with them. What if Oprah is on?

Friday, July 14, 2006 at 12:13:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Yes, it works on carpet.

If Oprah is on, it's best to just spank your kids and lock them in their rooms.

Friday, July 14, 2006 at 7:04:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home