Thursday, July 13, 2006

I heart emeco



I fell in love with the emeco navy chair 5 years ago when I saw one in a Manhattan eatery — and I immediately started a search to find some. I'm always a sucker for good looking metal objects.


They are perfect for a family with kids because they were designed for navy ships and are pretty indestructable. You can't break or stain them. They work inside or out because they won't rust (think spare seating at your next BBQ). They are lightweight and easy to move around. Easy to clean.

The real deal runs about $370 each. For those on a budget, both Target and Kmart are now selling knock-offs. Kmart offers a better price. The knockoffs run smaller than the originals, a convenient detail if your table is in a small space.

Someday, I'd still like to own me some real emeco chairs.

add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention in your blog. I would like to extend a gerat price on the REAL emeco chairs if you would like to trade UP.
Dan Fogelson
VP Sales and Marketing
dan@emeco.net

Monday, October 30, 2006 at 8:42:00 AM EST  
Blogger sammyw said...

we just invested in 4 emeco chairs (we're currently saving up for 4 more to complete our dining area!) but my hubby & i did a whole calcuation & budget on the idea of these chairs being an investment, since they are so indestructable - and when we worked it out, they aren't that pricey considering the quality, but hear you on the inital upfront cost!

Monday, November 23, 2009 at 7:08:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home