Saturday, July 08, 2006

Bubblicious




The kids and I had a perfect summer moment in the backyard this afternoon with a bubble wand. I love the new wands available. When I was a kid, it was just a little bottle with a tiny wand and it took lots of practice to actually get bubbles to blow through the little hole. Now there are a million different wands in cute shapes (ours is a ladybug). Just wave and go. Even my toddlers can manage it.

I would love to give bubble wands as a party favor at a BBQ or outdoor summer event. But I don't want to give out a plastic wand. I want a wand made of metal with a wooden handle and maybe an oversize jewel-like bead at the end of the handle. I could put the bubble solution in pretty bottles or even vintage canning jars with a cool label. Someone should manufacture these and sell them at Smith and Hawken or in the Sundance catalog.
add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Gonzo's Chicken said...

Ahoy Westchester!

Details about the kids? What kind of design are you "into"? Illustrations, by any chance?

Find me at http://gonzoschicken.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 at 3:44:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

More graphic design than illustration, but I can hook you up with several great illustrators that I work with.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 3:28:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Jim, I'd say half of my favorite kids books have been gifts from you and Traci. For example:

-The Reluctant Dragon
-My Father's Dragon (By the way, what's up with always giving us dragon books?)
-Ferdinand (Traci recorded this for us and I immediately bought the book. I love it.)

And now we love listening to Just So Stories. Thank you.

Friday, July 14, 2006 at 1:41:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home