Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Welcome Carrie Lundell!


photo credit: James Carson Photography

Note from Design Mom: How happy am I that I get to introduce a new Guest Mom? So super happy. Meet Carrie Lundell. Beautiful. Smart. Creative. You're going to love everything she has to offer. Here's a quick intro straight from our guest:


I'm so delighted to be a guest mom here at Design Mom this week. Not sure how I am supposed to follow the fantastic news and beautiful posts from last week! What I can say, as someone who has always loved being part of a large family, is that I couldn't be more happy for Gabrielle and the new addition to the Blair family.


Now, a little about me. First, I've been married to a great guy for just over 13 years (any other teenage brides in the house?) and together we make really cute kids (three so far). Before the mini-van, I graduated with a degree in Fashion Design and worked designing little girls clothing for a few different companies, the most well-known being Old Navy in NYC (if you want to tell me their little girls stuff was cuter back then, you totally can). While designing for money has become a thing of the past for me, designing for pleasure will always continue on. And honestly? I get to live a way more creative life now than I did back then.

When it comes to all things creative, however, I tend to be a little ADD, never sticking to one medium or project for very long (as evidenced by the range of projects recorded on my personal blog,This Mama Makes Stuff. Beyond my creative side, my interests span from mountain biking & garage sale-ing to public school advocacy and karaoke. Two years ago, I added business ownership on top of it all when I decided to create and independently publish a kid's journal. With interests, responsibilities and loves constantly pulling me in all directions, I have been trying to shed the self-given, "attention deficit" label and try on the more beautiful label of "renaissance woman". Sounds better, right?

This week, on Design Mom, I'll be posting about a few of my biggest loves: family heirlooms, histories, and keepsakes. Don't worry, no scrapbooking or geneology required (just maybe a little rummaging, sewing, and reflecting). Hope you get a chance to read, share, and get inspired!

Labels:

add to kirtsy

13 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Awesome - sounds like a fabulous week ahead of us. I loved the heirloom piece!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 1:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kristin said...

Gorgeous photo of you + your girls!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 1:19:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Sara said...

I've been a fan (and friend) of Carrie for years - we're in for a treat this week.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 1:38:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kage said...

Hi friend mom!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 5:48:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kaimi said...

Excellent choice -- Carrie rocks.

And Old Navy dresses were much cuter back in the day.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 6:06:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kaimi said...

FTC Compliance statement for my prior comment: I have received no monetary payments from Carrie or any business entity controlled by her, however she has sent me a couple of nice e-mails, and has probably had lunch with my wife a few times. Please take this disclosure into account in judging the accuracy of my prior comment.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 6:12:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Carina said...

Carrie--I love you and I'm so excited to see what's in store!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 6:26:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Petit Elefant said...

welcome carrie! i wasn't quite a teenager but i wasn't yet 21 either. i hate admitting that, but 11 1/2 years into the happiest marriage imaginable, i guess it's not the worst thing ever.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 6:38:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jodi said...

I've known Carrie for about 13 years and everything she creates is amazing!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 11:04:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous jane said...

WAAAAY cute back in the day.
What happened??

Welcome!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 12:41:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Kathi D said...

A renaissance woman, indeed! How she does it all with three little ones scurrying around is a complete mystery to me.

(I was just past teenagerhood as a bride, 20 1/2.)

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 1:58:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Tollipop said...

Old Navy needs you back.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 3:22:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Daytrippingmom Media said...

Looking forward to your posts Carrie!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 1:48:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home