Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Jennifer James' thoughts on Pregnancy



The very first time I met Gabrielle was at a Disney Mom Bloggers event last year. I was immediately struck by how stylish and beautiful she was. I mean, this woman can rock some clothes! It's amazing. I was also struck by how nice and generous she was. I absolutely loved meeting her and her presence stuck with me ever since. Gorgeous. Stylish. Mother of five. And unbelievably friendly. I love her!


Fast forward to August of this year and we attended the same event in San Francisco. This time we got to bring our kids and Gabrielle brought along Ralph, the sweetest kid on the planet. I had the chance to see Gabrielle as a mom this time and she is just as I had imagined: very cool, loving, affectionate, caring. Quite simply, Gabrielle is an amazing woman and mother.

A few weeks later when I heard Gabrielle was pregnant I was beyond thrilled! Pregnancy is such a lovely state to be in. I loved every moment of both my pregnancies and look back on those months with dreamy eyes. Save the early morning sickness, I felt the best I ever had when I was carrying my daughters who continue to sprout before my eyes.



I can only imagine how delighted the Blairs are to be expecting their sixth baby. Just being around Gabrielle and Ralph for a few days I know for sure how love dwells in their home and how generous they are raising their children to be. During the event Ralph allowed my oldest daughter to use his iPod Touch. He didn't put demands on her or even stand over her shoulder to make sure she didn't break it. My daughter was amazed. So many children she comes around are selfish with their possessions. That showed me, again, how amazing Gabrielle is as a parent. It showed.

I wish Gabrielle the happiest, healthiest, most amazing pregnancy on the planet. She deserves it because of who she is and the lives she touches. Plus, I can't wait to see how she rocks her maternity clothes!

From Jennifer James of The Mom Salon.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Anonymous Barchbo said...

Could those girls be more gorgeous?! I am sure they are just as beautiful within!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 12:43:00 PM EDT  
Blogger christa elyce said...

i love the photos of the girls! so much energy!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 2:30:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your daughters are BEAUTIFUL--happy and confident. I think YOU are a WONDERFUL mother.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 11:06:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Jennifer, you say the nicest things!

But really, I was equally impressed with your beautiful, friendly girls and your patient, encouraging mothering skills. You are amazing!

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 11:42:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE that second picture. Just beautiful.

Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 2:11:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home