Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Joslyn Taylor's Pregnancy Memory



There were all manner of magical happenings when I was pregnant with my girlies: the first kick, that sort of glowly, endorphin-drenched daze that perpetuated my second trimester, and of course the birth —oh my, nothing tops that moment when you finally meet your child after what feels like eons of waiting and hoping and wondering… But my most poignant memories were the moments spent with my oldest daughter Audrey while I was pregnant with her little sister, Millie.


I was acutely aware during the entire pregnancy that this was the end of an era with Audrey, she’d no longer be an “only”; we’d no longer be a unit of three. Everything was about to become bigger, rowdier, more complex (and I truly believed) infinitely more fun. But I wanted to be sure Audrey and I had plenty of time to savor each other before our family became four. We went on a few family trips, planned lots of special outings and adventures and, every. single. night. before bed, she and I would sit on the floor and do a little pregnancy yoga together. Mostly it was just holding hands and stretching, but it was sweet and quiet and we connected to each other and to the new life about to join us.

From Joslyn Taylor of Simple Lovely.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger Jessica May Lords said...

This is incredibly beautiful. And you both look incredibly beautiful.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 1:36:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Isn't this shot priceless? What a sweet memory.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 3:16:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Could Joslyn be any more perfect? LOVE this memory and image!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 3:47:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Heather said...

That photo is just adorable!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 9:18:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the focus on the existing child. Each one in the family welcomes the newcomer, but it realigns everything and everyone.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 11:12:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Mom in Mendon said...

How sweet and serene.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 11:13:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home