Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tossed & Found



This is my latest project inspiration book. It's called Tossed & Found, by Linda and John Meyers.


Like the best project books, this one is crammed full of clever ideas and pretty pictures and clear instructions. As I do with pretty much all project books, I responded to about 75% of the ideas with a sort of meh reaction — maybe they don't hold personal appeal for me, maybe they require more effort than I'm willing to expend. But the projects in the book I love, I really LOVE. And I also can't get enough of the sketch pages.




This dresser doesn't show well in my photo, but in the book, it's easy to see how awesome it is. I want.

Put together by a husband-wife team (which is always inspirational) — the wife is a former graphic designer/art director, the husband used to head out displays for Anthropologie.


Maybe my favorite thing in the book. They converted an old school boombox to work with their iPod. For sure I'm going to copy this.




This chandelier makes me super happy. If you will build this for me, I will pay you.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Now I'll be spending my nights trying to fall asleep to the thought of how I can recreate that dresser. Brilliant!

Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 5:34:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Fiona kate said...

gorgeous ..Now I have to buy the book to see the dresser...is it just me who sees something and must do it now...nothing else will look as good as this in the warehouse

Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 8:42:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Fiona kate said...

gorgeous ..Now I have to buy the book to see the dresser...is it just me who sees something and must do it now...nothing else will look as good as this in the warehouse

Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 8:42:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Liz Stanley said...

That iPod boom box rocks!

Friday, September 25, 2009 at 1:40:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Bec said...

Love this idea. Tossed and found. Makes me want to hit up an antique shop and do some fixing up myself!

Friday, September 25, 2009 at 1:31:00 PM EDT  
Blogger YourFurnitureLink.com said...

We love all your photography and stories from moms!
You have a wonderful website!
All the mom designers from www.yourfurniturelink.com

Friday, October 2, 2009 at 5:05:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home