Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Stephanie Brubaker's Pregnancy Memory



During my first pregnancy (and unfortunately subsequent pregnancies as well) I experienced morning sickness the entire 9 months. As a result, I relied heavily on my husband to take care of meal preparation. At one point in the pregnancy my husband was required to leave town for an entire week to complete some work training at company headquarters.

This felt like an eternity at the time and he and I became very concerned about what I would eat while he was away. So, he did what any outstanding husband would do...he went grocery shopping and then spent 6 hours in our tiny San Francisco kitchen making meals for the entire week. He placed a few in the freezer for me to reheat and a few in the fridge to eat first.

I remember going to bed early that evening and occasionally waking up to the oven timer beeping, or sizzling food in the cast iron pan. I smiled to myself and then went back to bed feeling very loved. I count this as one of my favorite memories during our {almost} 10-year marriage.

From Stephanie of Stephmodo.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

11 Comments:

Blogger mrs boo radley said...

How incredibly selfless! Lovely.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 10:53:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Emily said...

That is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard. What an amazing man.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 11:20:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Janika said...

I love this. Nothing like good food to say "I love you." What a sweet memory.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 11:52:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Beautiful. And that photo is stunning.

Steph

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 1:05:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Emily said...

This is my first pregnancy, but I've morning sickness the entire time as well. Husband has also taken over food duty. You and I are very lucky women.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 1:17:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

What a champ your husband is!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 3:16:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally just read that one out loud to my (dear, sweet, wonderful) hubby! I should do so much for him...!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 4:37:00 PM EDT  
Blogger April Kennedy said...

My hubby called Relief Society!

But sweet, sweet story Steph and my hubby rally is a kind, kind man and is a keeper too!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 10:30:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this lovely tale to my husband and he & I both got teary.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 11:53:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Cher said...

I can totally picture Ben doing that, the thoughtful guy that he is. What a darling memory! Way to go Ben and way to go steph on marrying him!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 2:01:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now the real question, how can i trick my husband into reading this post...

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 5:32:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home