Monday, April 21, 2008

Book Mooch



This weekend I was chatting with some friends about books. And how they can take over my house. I love books. Who doesn't? But sometimes the amount of books in my house can get out of hand and I have to box up a few dozen and drop them by the Salvation Army.

I just saw Book Mooch this morning on sk*rt. It's an online book swap service. And I'm thinking this would be a nice way to make sure that when I'm clearing out books, the especially good ones are going to homes where they'll be appreciated.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I have the same issue with books in my house -- especially since my 3 children are avid readers as well! Thanks for the Book Mooch info!

Monday, April 21, 2008 at 2:14:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've used a similar service, PaperBackSwap, that is fantastic!

http://www.paperbackswap.com

Monday, April 21, 2008 at 2:18:00 PM EDT  
Blogger mere said...

This is soo great because thrift stores here in Utah are just FILLED with people with ISBN scanners ready to snatch up cheap books and sell them online. I need a place to get good used books! and know where to send them when I'm done.

Monday, April 21, 2008 at 2:41:00 PM EDT  
Blogger jamie said...

I use paperbackswap.com as well and love it!

Monday, April 21, 2008 at 3:21:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to add another plug for paperbackswap! There are so many amazing kids books on there too. About half of our (extensive) collection has come from there.

Monday, April 21, 2008 at 3:34:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Err... Anyone ever give the public library a shot? It works well for me.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 8:26:00 AM EDT  
Blogger melissa said...

What a fabulous idea! I feel like I'm always tripping over books in my house.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 8:58:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Whitney said...

Another big fan of paperbackswap! I love getting the free books in the mail - esp. the kids' titles.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 10:32:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home