Monday, April 21, 2008

Tissue Paper Butterflies — by Guest Mom Marie



Now that Spring is in season, butterflies are out in full fluttery fashion. To celebrate their beauty, we're making some fun tissue paper butterflies.

Supplies for Butterflies: tissue paper, pipe cleaner, and scissors.
That's it for this easy craft.



Collect any tissue paper you have in your house. Mine is all bundled
up in my gift wrap area. I let the kids pick 2 colors of tissue paper to make each butterfly. Depending on the size of butterfly you want to make, you can cut your tissue paper in half or in fourths.



Next, pinch your tissue paper together in the middle. Using your pipe
cleaner, start in the center and wrap it around the tissue paper once or twice where you pinched. You should have 2 sticking out ends of pipe cleaner. You can keep them straight or curl them with your finger for it's antenna.



Your done! Now you can attach some string to the center of the
butterfly and hang them from your ceiling or on the wall. Ours are going in the playroom for display so we can watch the butterfly's fly up high.



Here are a few more Crafty sites that are fluttering with Butterflies crafts:

Sea Shell Butterflies
Drink Like a Butterfly
Clever Caterpillars

Butterfly Mobile
Butterfly Punch Collage

http://aliedwards.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/07/creativeweekend_punch2.jpg

Labels: , ,

add to kirtsy

8 Comments:

Blogger beki said...

How cute! These will be the perfect decoration for my daughter's birthday party in a few weeks.

Monday, April 21, 2008 at 12:03:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm looking forward to your wonderful crafts -- my kids got the craft gene, but unfortunately I missed it!

My daughter loves butterflies and I'm sure her room will be decorated with these butterflies by the end of the week! Thanks for the other sites as well -- she and I will be visiting them this evening.

Monday, April 21, 2008 at 2:21:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jenny said...

I love these ideas! I'm doing some of them with my kids today and they are so excited.

Monday, April 21, 2008 at 9:10:00 PM EDT  
Blogger kelly said...

love this. quick & easy... my kind of craft!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 2:28:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to making crepe butterflies at our playgroup's craft time. Thanks for the great ideas!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 4:07:00 AM EDT  
Blogger R-Eight said...

This is one we do at our house and we love it! (got the idea from another kindergarten teacher we loved) We use clothes pins for the bodies. My kids love this and it makes my house look like springtime.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 7:25:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Marie {Make and Takes} said...

I am glad there will be butterflies fluttering around everyone's houses. This is such a simple craft, super easy for any child to do. I too have seen these done with a clothespin. Another great way to create a butterfly.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 4:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Amanda @ www.kiddio.org said...

Thanks for passing this along! It would be a great use of all this crepe paper we have left from making (or failing to....) flowers for my wedding seven years ago :/
I wanted to let you know that I linked to it from my blog: librarycollective.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 at 11:49:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home