Monday, April 21, 2008

Say Hello to Marie!



It's Monday morning. Maybe the best Monday morning ever. Because I'm all re-energized after my solo weekend. Plus. It's Spring Break here — my kids have all this week off of school and the weather is fine. I'm envisioning lots of bike riding this week and maybe some good field trips.

Best of all, talented and creative Marie from Make & Takes is here — and she'll be with us all week. Which is going to be fabulous, because I'll be needing wonderful craft/project ideas to keep my kids engaged and happy while they're out of school. Marie is especially good at coming up with simple projects that even small kids can really make and participate in.

Here's a quick introduction from Marie so you can get to know a bit of what she's all about:

"I'm a 30 year old stay at home mom, who loves to "make and take". I have one great and handsome hubby, and two beautiful kids. You'll see my kids in the projects I feature a lot, as they are my guinea pigs and who I am creative for. Before life as a mother, I graduated with a teaching
degree in Early Childhood & Elementary Education, after which I taught four years of Kindergarten. After my first child, I decided to read books and sing silly songs at home. I miss the classroom, but I now get to bring the fun and learning into my home.

I'm excited to be a guest mom this week. I hope to inspire you with some fun and easy crafts for the kids, as well as lots of reasons to be more creative in your home. Thanks for letting me come and play."

Welcome Marie! We're delighted to have you.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Yay Marie! How exciting!!

Monday, April 21, 2008 at 11:20:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you ever plan to have a Guest Mom who isn't Mormon? There are other people out there with other perspectives, you know.

Monday, April 21, 2008 at 7:43:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Hi Anonymous. I guess you are telling me that Marie is a Mormon? Good to know. Over the course of our 2 email exchanges (between Marie and myself) I didn't get the chance to discuss religion with her.

But I do have guest moms with "other perspectives" frequently — people like Girl con Queso, Laurie Smithwick, Skye Hoppus, Andrea Scher, Rochelle Greayer, Joslyn Taylor, Katherine Center, Dutch of Sweet Juniper, Zanne Blair, Kyran Pittman, Vera Sweeney, Leah of Tiny McSmall and many more. At least I think they have "other perspectives". I haven't actually asked any of my Guest Bloggers what their religious affiliation is.

But if you're really, really trying to avoid an LDS perspective, than I don't know if I can help you. Because I'm a Mormon and a Mormon perspective is probably unavoidable on Design Mom.

I should also note, that I love suggestions for potential Guest Moms, so please feel free to email me if you have someone in mind.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 12:23:00 AM EDT  
Blogger kelly said...

yeah! i love marie (and her perspective, mormon or not). what a great opportunity for the world to get to know her & see how fabulous she is! i can't wait to see what she comes up with.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 2:27:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home