Thursday, January 21, 2010

Kirtsy



Hello Friends! I checked into my hotel at about 12:30 today. My room is gorgeous. And ginormous. Apparently, that's just how it's done at the Grand America. Love it. And the city was beautiful all day long — the sky is clear and the mountains are sparkling. Best discovery of the day? Turns out my long-time friend Girl Con Queso loves to ski. Who knew? Alt Summit is wonderful already. And it hasn't even started yet. : )

Here are some of my favorite kirtsy links from the last 7 days. (
Kirtsy is a site where anyone can share cool links — I'm one of the co-founders).

Bookmarking this so I can copy every single outfit.

Do you use Blogger software? Here are 50 most-wanted templates.

Some small business tips from a designer.

I'm having so much fun seeing what bloggers wear day to day.

Writing on the wall with lights? I must explore this a bit more.

Get a tissue. This is a moving piece by NYTimes Reporter Jonathan Dienst.

What did you think of Tiny Fey's dress at the Golden Globes? And wasn't Mo'Nique amazing?

If you love turquoise (I do!), here is your new favorite link.

It's time for lunch. Check out these 10 healthy sandwich recipes.

Is this for real? Gang-land tours in Los Angeles?

Have you ever publicly protested something? Some of these signs made me laugh.

Just in time for Valentine's Day, I heart these pretty cards.

image via Vintage Printables

Labels:

add to kirtsy

13 Comments:

Blogger Girl Land said...

I love Tina Fey, but her dress was HORRID. My fave dress (and E! Fashion Police didn't like it, but why do Joan Rivers and Khloe Kardashian have fashion clout? Ew.) was Christina Hendricks.

Can't wait to check out Kirtsy. What a great idea.

Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 10:44:00 AM EST  
Anonymous AmberLee said...

i love turqoise, i do, i do!
hope alt is wonderful for you.

Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 11:55:00 AM EST  
Blogger Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

thanks for posting your finds. I am always fascinated by templates, maybe because I'm html illiterate.

the grand america has awesome food. oh...and go watch some movies at the Slam Dance festival, they're always great

Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 12:51:00 PM EST  
Anonymous marisa said...

you always have the best links. love that photo!

Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 2:33:00 PM EST  
Blogger michelle said...

The article on pediatric strokes was eye-opening. Listen to the podcast too - they have Jared, his parents, his physicians...

Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 7:02:00 PM EST  
Blogger RT said...

I LOVED Tina Fey's dress. It was utterly perfect for a comedienne!

Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 9:54:00 PM EST  
Anonymous jerilyn said...

oh funny, I just now joined kirtsy - but I didn't know you are one of the cofounders - very cool!!

Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 11:22:00 PM EST  
Blogger Meg said...

I thought the dress was cute! ...but I do love everything Tina Fey does!

Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 4:10:00 AM EST  
Blogger Kari's Cupcakes said...

New to making my own blog, but just wanted to say how much I love to read yours! Keep up the good work! I'll need all the help I can get :)

Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 1:56:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Kari said...

i'm new to making my blog but just wanted to say how much i love to read yours! keep up the good work! i'll need all the help i can get :)

Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 1:59:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked Tina's dress!

Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 7:31:00 PM EST  
Anonymous erin / design for mankind said...

AWW thanks for posting about my bloganista group, sweet gabby! judging by your hotness at the conference, i'm thinking you should join in on the fun! :)

nice meeting you, dear!

Monday, January 25, 2010 at 2:43:00 PM EST  
Blogger woman who roars said...

Yeah for Hotel rooms. I never appreciated the absolute wonderfulness of hotels until I had children.

Just walking into that room and knowing that the bed will be made every day - by someone else - is restful!

Enjoy!

Monday, January 25, 2010 at 7:34:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home