Monday, October 12, 2009

DDF Skincare



DDF Skincare sponsored Broad Summit and offered the Broads complimentary skin consultations. I've never had a skin consultation and found the whole thing very helpful. I really know very little about proper skin care.

After a brief evaluation/survey about my skin, the DDF consultants walked me through a basic skin care regimen — what products I should use at night, what products are appropriate for day. And then I grilled them with questions: If my skin is sometimes dry and sometimes oily does that mean I have combination skin? What are the difference between age spots and freckles? What are crows feet and do I have them? How small can my pores actually get? Am I still young enough to be thinking prevention? Or are we beyond prevention into treatment stages now?




Turns out I was asking the right questions. Every time I opened my mouth, the DDF girls would deliver great information plus a tube, container or box full of product into my hands. Age spots? Here's the perfect thing. Tired eyes? Try this. Why is the sky blue? Apply this morning and night.

Having just unpacked, I have yet to try my new skincare regimen, but tonight's the night. I'll let you know how it goes.


You may also notice a pair of large-framed sunglasses in one of the photos. Laura Mayes permanently loaned these to me when I realized I hadn't packed any. She said they were her ironic sunglasses. I wore them with compliments all weekend. Leading me to believe ironic is a good look for me.

add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger amy turn sharp said...

love the line- my mom used the soap YEARS ago- I loved it in college. I forgot about it! thanks!!

Monday, October 12, 2009 at 1:14:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Petit Elefant said...

I'm excited to hear the feedback, my skin is a train wreck.

Monday, October 12, 2009 at 3:20:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Sarah Bradley said...

Thanks for posting about this company. I've been looking for something to try to help with my melasma (I've now tried two other brands with no luck). I'm hopeful about this one, especially after reading reviews online. I'd love to hear your thoughts too.

Monday, October 12, 2009 at 4:09:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Janet said...

Gabby, I just wanted to say congratulations on your pregnancy. As the mother of six, I'm happy to welcome you to this fun world. My oldest, Laura B., is 31 and my baby is a senior. It's a great adventure!

Monday, October 12, 2009 at 6:07:00 PM EDT  
Blogger DeeAnna said...

It is so dry here in Denver, you have to work hard to keep your skin looking nice! The products look great, and I'm always looking for the next best thing to keep my skin looking hydrated!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 8:35:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Rachel said...

DDF has a wonderful face cream that is absorbed so quickly it leaves your face feeling soft and not a bit oily (which is my complaint about so many other products). I used to get the product free from my mother in laws day spa, but she doesn't carry it any more :(

Friday, October 16, 2009 at 7:14:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home