Wednesday, July 15, 2009

BlogHer Schedule



Are you heading to the big BlogHer conference next week? Or. Will you be in the Chicago area? If yes, I'm guessing you're having a hard time keeping track of all the parties and extra-curricular events happening in conjunction with the conference. Same for me.

Luckily, the Kirtsy Girls have come up with a fix: We've gathered all the important info in one place. Parties. Suites. Demos. Fun Runs. You can find it all in the Hershey's Kirtsy Party Alertsy. And most of the listed events are open to everyone -- not just BlogHer attendees. Woot! So everyone can join the fun. We're even offering a
ready-to-print pdf of all the info for partying on the go.

Personally, I've been studying the Hershey's Kirtsy Party Alertsy like a straight-A student.
This will be my 3rd year attending BlogHer. The first two years, I pretty much showed up without ever checking the conference schedule and without even a basic plan of what I wanted to do/see/take part in. But this year feels different. Like BlogHer hit some sort of tipping point and there are so many parties and invites and extra-events that I've had to make some decisions.

If you'll be attending BlogHer this year, or live anywhere in the Chicago metro area, I'd love to meet you. Here's a heads up of My Personal BlogHer Schedule (tentative, of course). Hopefully our paths will cross more than once.


Wednesday:

Fly in
to Chicago

Thursday:

4:00 - I'll be attending A Hair Affair — a small gathering hosted by Danielle Wiley, Susan Wagner and Heather Barmore.
6:00 - VIP Guest to the Social Luxe Lounge. I'll even be announcing one of the winners of the BlogLuxe Awards. Nice.

9:00 - People's Party!! Everyone's invited. It's typically the biggest party at BlogHer. Kirtsy will have lots of Hershey's chocolate to give out. Mmmmmm.


Friday:
10:00 - Microsoft Microspa Lounge. I'll be getting my makeup done in the Spa.
10:30 - Session One: Business of You — Pioneers in a Post-Employee World (very likely I will end up talking with someone in the hallway and miss this. But who knows.)
2:00 to 4:00 - Yudu Nation
Meetup in the Shutter Sisters Suite (Room #1237 Sheraton Towers) Come meet me and I'll show you how to silkscreen your very own totebag. Free! Everyone's welcome even if you're not attending BlogHer.
4:45 - Community Keynote. This is sure to be the very best session at BlogHer.
6:00 - Method Party with Danny Seo. (Remember the cool party I hosted for Method with Danny Seo way back when? I'm wonder what awesome thing he'll teach us this time.)

7:30 - BlogHer Reception
8:30 - Nikon Night Out with Carson Kressley.
(Remember Carson from Queer Eye? Do you think he'll like my outfit?)
10:30 - Mommy Needs a Cocktail Party. Sounds like it's going to be fabulous.
11:00 - VIP Guest to Mamapop Party.
The perfect way to close out the night.

Saturday:
9:30 - Keynote Address

10:45 - Session One: Business of You
Advanced Social Media, Syndication and Stats (Again. I could end up in the hallway here, but I think this class sounds good.)
12:00 - I'll be speaking with Jodie and Sharon from Playskool.
2:00 to 4:00 - Yudu Nation Meetup in the Shutter Sisters Suite
(Room #1237 Sheraton Towers) — Come meet me and I'll show you how to silkscreen your very own totebag. Free! Everyone's welcome even if you're not attending BlogHer.
5:00 - Closing Keynote

6:00 - BlogHer Cocktail Party

7:00 - This is unofficial, but I'd love to have dinner with all the Kirtsy Editors that are in town.
8:30 - BowlHer '09 Party. Save me the hottest bowling shoes.

10:30 CheezburgHer Party. It would be hard to end on a better note than this.

Sunday:
Head home. Probably exhausted. But happy.


What's that you ask? What's the Yudu Nation Meetup? It's pretty dang awesome. I'll post about it in a minute.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Blogger Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

last year I went to BlogHer in SF and it was so fun. This year I was to late to buy my ticket. I'm so bummed it's sold out. Please keep us posted!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 1:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Andrea said...

I will be in Chicago then but do not have a ticket to BlogHer. Would love to observe some of the sessions. Is it true that they'll broadcast the presentations on monitors in the lobby for ticketless folks like me?

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 1:51:00 PM EDT  
Blogger ElisaC said...

:

You can get a tickt to LobbyCon and get access to live-streamed general sessions, the cocktail receptions each night and the expo floor where all the sponsors and their swag are. Must have a LobbyCon ticket to get that access, though:
http://www.blogher.com/announcing-blogher-09-lobbycon

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 2:09:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Alison said...

Oh I wish I was going - next year!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 2:22:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous RookieMom Whitney said...

Ooh, this is the first I have heard of the Yudu session. I'm so there.

I'll also meet you at the Method party which I am co-hosting. Looking forward to it.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 8:40:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I think I am regretting turning down my Nikon invite. I just wasn't sure how easy that would be with Ivy... sigh.

Steph

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 9:21:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Rachel said...

We're so glad you can make it to the party. Danny will be excited to see you!

-Rachel
Method

Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 12:15:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home