Friday, October 31, 2008

Farewell Friends — by Guest Mom Mrs. Dub



Happy Halloween!

In all my Design Mom excitement, I totally didn't come up with a costume. I'm thinking about going as a SAHM, complete with workout shoes, lounge pants and — wait for it — minimal jewelry. Those close to me know that I'm an accessory junkie, so that would be big for me. Same with wearing workout shoes in public, though I am contemplating buying some sensible "mommy" shoes for the winter. The lounge pants aren't so much of a stretch. (You: "But they're so comfortable!" Me: I know!)


Whatever you are going as, I like it. Because I like you. You've all been far too kind to me and my posts, especially the one about Baby Zee. (Spoiler alert: Her given name is Zella.) Thank you for sending your love and prayers and sharing your own experiences and losses. Life is not fair, but it is beautiful.


Speaking of beautiful, isn't this blog beautiful? I've been so impressed by Gabby as I've gotten to know her. It's amazing that she can juggle her various responsibilities and still find time to appreciate the simplistic beauty of things and, more importantly, motherhood. If we could give her a standing ovation, I would, but it's kind of awkward when Mr. Dub asks me why I'm clapping in my pajamas.


By the way, where the H is Gabby finding all this stuff? Pretending to be Design Mom for a week nearly gave me IBS. I wish I was a fraction as creative and resourceful as her, but I'm also glad to be me, because no one expects much beyond the occasional funny post. I was totally unqualified to be here, but you made me feel welcome. Thanks.

Isn't it wonderful that we can all be so different and yet be united by our common natures? Mothers. Women. Humans.



I hope that you spend this weekend forgetting your to-do list - you know, the one with long-term, unrealistic goals like, "Make my outfits from sustainable fabrics before work each morning" - and reflect on your "done" list: the things that you've accomplished because of who you innately are and not who you want to be. It will make you feel good.

If you ever get bored, come visit me at www.mrsdub.com. The door is always open, along with my big mouth.


Happy haunting!

Mrs. Dub

stone pumpkins from Grandin Road

Labels:

add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Yay, loved seeing a different side of you on DM.

(There is a little girl who used to be in our Primary class named Zella and she is pretty much awesome. Just like baby Zee.)

<3

Friday, October 31, 2008 at 12:01:00 PM EDT  
Blogger •´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

It was nice reading all of your posts!! Hopefully you can be a guest mom again soon.

P.S I'm going as a frazzled SAHM {not too far from my reality} complete with tacky pjs, a bathrobe, sock monkey slippers and yesterday's makeup. LOL

Happy Halloween =)

Friday, October 31, 2008 at 12:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Teresa said...

Thanks for the invite to your blog! I will be adding it to my list since I would miss reading your posts on DM.
Oh BTW, let us know when you find those "sensible mommy shoes for winter" that I'm sure will be chic as well. I have been looking for 5 years.

Friday, October 31, 2008 at 12:39:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kate said...

You have been GREAT on DM! Such good posts. Well done.

Friday, October 31, 2008 at 2:01:00 PM EDT  
Blogger amy smart said...

You were lovely, Mrs. Dub. and deserve a standing-ovation yourself. Made me laugh out loud more than once. And a bit teary too. Perfect.

Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 11:29:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home