Thursday, October 30, 2008

Spooky Snacks — by Guest Mom Mrs. Dub



Halloween is a sacred occasion at Mr. Dub's workplace. Their annual party is NOT to be missed, both because it is over-the-top and because, well, you gots to make nice with the boss sometimes, you dig?


Every year, they put on a killer Halloween party with serious prizes (= $$) for various things like coolest costume and best plant photo. (We dressed our spathaphyllum as Hugh Heffner surrounded by Miss Dub's baby dolls, but the photos were mysteriously deleted when I accidentally hit delete. Maybe it was a sign?)


This year we have our eyes on the spookiest snack contest. Last year there was some freaky contenders, but this year I want to win. There is a fine line between clever and repulsive, so I'm leaning towards something tasty with a seasonal twist. Here are a few ideas I found (once again) on the BHG website, although some aren't very creepy. But someone needs to make something you actually want to eat, right?


p.s. Mr. Dub just informed me we are making this rat-infested cheesecake via Delish. Looks like a winner!

Labels: , ,

add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger marian said...

I'd go for the rats - oh GROSS, reminds me of the rat on Lady and the Tramp. Give Mr. Dub and 10 for his instincts.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 10:36:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I love the bottom right picture most of all - with a "patient" made of vegetables:) I am going to have stuffed peppers made and I do believe it won't do them any bad if I decorate them in a similar way:)))
and it is much fun to let children participate in decorating meals:)

Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 10:49:00 AM EDT  
Blogger skirts and wellies said...

Love the rats. We went for simple around here. Mostly because I'm feeling really busy with the kids being off school and a party tonight, but we did make an effort with some brownie coffins.

Friday, October 31, 2008 at 5:05:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm late coming to the Halloween festivities, but here's a suggestion for next year: A friend hosted an "End of the World" party once, and made a Nuclear Winter cake. It was a red velvet/devil's food checkerboard cake, with grey frosting. She covered the frosting with black and grey and white "ashes" (sprinkles), plastic animals (dead with legs in air), and robots (because they will take over, of course).

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 at 4:23:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home