Thursday, March 06, 2008

Dinosaur Soup



Yesterday I received an email from Martin at Bob's Your Uncle and I just had to share. They are looking for recipe submissions written by children to be featured in an illustrated book — to be published this year. Here are some charming sample pages from the book:





Want to have your children submit something? Here’s the brief as I received it from Martin:

This should be a project without any parental help or referring to cook books, the more instinctive the recipe, the better. The child should not be corrected or advised about any aspect of the recipe, even if measurements, temperature or timing is way off (that’s what we are looking for!).


It's ok for an adult to write down the recipe as dictated, it does not need to be an illustrated page or presented in an artistic style, as we will design and layout the finished product.


Please send submissions by e mail to: recipes@bobsyouruncle.com


Too fun! I hope you send something in. I'm definitely going to see if my kids want to write one.

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Blogger Alli said...

Hello! i love reading your blog and this entry reminded me of a project we did when i was in 1st grade. Our teacher had everyone bring in a recipe from home and we looked at it for a couple minutes during class and then had to put the recipe away and write it down how we thought the recipe went. Needless to say, this resulted in a hilarious "cook book" that she compiled from all our recipes. I believe I brought in a chocolate chip cookie recipe and the main thing I remember from it was to bake the cookies at 100 degrees for 5 hours. :)
I just thought I'd share that with you since those memories make me smile.

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 4:05:00 PM EST  
Blogger NewMom said...

Wow, that's is a great idea!
I wish I had an older child to do it with, but my daughter is only 6 months :(
Well, maybe next time!

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 7:59:00 PM EST  
Blogger orange you lucky! said...

Now I have to go and ask my girls for some recipes. This is a great idea. My Margo wants to be a chef princess, so she would probably have something to share. Could be hilarious!

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 8:03:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought the original recipe place mats years before I became a mom. I framed "dinosaur soup" and a few others and hung them up in my kitchen. They're still there and all our guests get the biggest kick out of them. Really looking forward to a book, to boot!

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 8:16:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great children's recipes. And I LOVE the illustrations. DMc

Friday, March 7, 2008 at 1:13:00 AM EST  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Oh wow! My daughter will be ALL OVER this! Thanks!

Friday, March 7, 2008 at 12:30:00 PM EST  
Blogger Anna - Three Sneaky Bugs said...

How fun! Is there a submit by date?

Friday, March 7, 2008 at 4:18:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home