Wednesday, March 05, 2008

We like to throw a Pretty Party




Yesterday was Maude's birthday. (I sure love that girl.) We didn't have a friends party this year, but we had fun planning the family gathering. She picked her favorite meal, fettuccine alfredo, for dinner and asked for strawberry shortcakes as her birthday cake. Blue is her favorite color, so we went with it. It felt a tiny (really tiny) bit spring-like yesterday so I loved how clean and fresh the table looked as we were preparing our little party.




Speaking of family parties, a lot of my family gathered in San Fransisco last weekend to attend the baby blessing of my nephew Moses. I love the party supplies Jordan pulled together for the open house — including water bottles featuring Moses himself.


Labels:

add to kirtsy

10 Comments:

Blogger Amie Adams said...

Talk about the pressure to be creative! I'm so glad I don't belong to your family.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 3:24:00 PM EST  
Blogger Alyssa Coberly said...

i love the idea of having mini shortcakes ... friggin' brilliant! {im from utah im allowed one friggin' atleast once a day while i freeze to death in chicago}

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 3:32:00 PM EST  
Blogger m e l said...

Love it!

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 3:59:00 PM EST  
Blogger Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

Can you please throw my next birthday party?? Pretty please?

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 8:18:00 PM EST  
Blogger karey m. said...

awww. happy birthday to that gorgeous girl!

next year, she'll be double-digits!

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 12:25:00 AM EST  
Blogger Sarah M said...

wow. That is the most beautiful party for a child I've ever seen!

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 8:19:00 AM EST  
Blogger Emily said...

Wonderful! Your Maude is darling!

(random aside -- my husband and I decided last year that if we have a girl we'll name her Maude after my great-grandmother and while I'd hate to think of our daughter being one of a zillion Maudes, it's nice that there are other darling little Maudes out there so ours won't be so alone...whenever she arrives.)

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 9:23:00 AM EST  
Blogger KJ said...

those shortcakes are so lovely!

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 1:03:00 PM EST  
Blogger Mom101 said...

The water bottles are fabulous!

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 8:59:00 PM EST  
Blogger Allison said...

Simple. But beautiful! I love it!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 9:36:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home