Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Girls Day. Pencil Day. Happy Day.

Fair warning: you're going to hear a lot about sk*rt from me this week. Because there's lots of cool stuff going on over at that cool site. And because I (and my partners) have worked really, really hard on sk*rt and want to talk it about it all day long without stopping for meals.

But. I promise that what I share this week about/from sk*rt will be wonderful and worth your time. And that after this week, I will tone the sk*rt speak down. Way, way down.

Now that I've cleared that up, I can't wait to tell you about more fun stuff I found on sk*rt yesterday.

http://photojojo.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/DSC_7675.jpg

Like this fantastic tutorial from Photojojo on how to apply your favorite photo to a set of pencils. I'm totally bookmarking this. It will be perfect for next Christmas when my kids make gifts for their siblings. Found on sk*rt.

hina dolls

Also. Did you know that yesterday was Hina Matsuri or Girls Day in Japan? March 3rd. Or 03/03. (Apparently Boys Day is 05/05.) Here's the basic scoop:

"The overall idea of Hina-matsuri is to wish girls a healthy growth. In a family where a baby girl is born, parents give a set of dolls called “Hina-Ningyo” to the baby at her first Hina-matsuri hoping that she will grow happy, healthy and beautiful. Every year they keep decorating the dolls on the day of Hina-matsuri and hold a party to celebrate the child’s growth with some cake or tiny rice cakes."

Too sweet. I'd love to celebrate this with my kids. Now I know. Found on sk*rt.

Labels: , , ,

add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Blogger Saying It Simply said...

Loving the Christmas gift ideas for siblings. Keep them coming- we can't get enough.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at 12:43:00 PM EST  
Blogger Melissa said...

Those pencils are super cute!!!!

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at 2:24:00 PM EST  
Blogger forcryeye said...

Well great, now I am going to have to make those pencils! thanks for sharing!

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at 4:53:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those dolls are adorable! Thanks for posting. We love celebrating Girl's day. Here's a little something for all the little girls!
http://www.momandpopdesign.com/2008/03/happy-girls-day.html

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at 6:19:00 PM EST  
Blogger Lori said...

Way cool pencils. I wonder if sharpening is a problem....we'll have to find out!

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at 8:59:00 PM EST  
Blogger pve design said...

My inner girl is part Japanese, and love the idea of celebrating girls day, we do that here everyday!
Pencil Afficianado!

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 5:32:00 AM EST  
Blogger Barb said...

I bookmarked that pencil idea. Super.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 10:20:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home