Thursday, March 06, 2008

I'm Going to SXSW!

I'm super excited. I'm heading to SXSWi tomorrow. I've never been before but I keep hearing it's a kind of Geeky-Disneyland-Circus-Awesome-Event. (I told my techie brother Josh that I was going and he almost passed out because he was so happy for me.)

Of course, I had no idea what it was until maybe 3 weeks ago — I'm clueless like that. But if you're a player in the interactive world, apparently you have to be there. And since sk*rt is all that and all web 2.0 and all social media and all, we will be there. Handing out mints.

We're even hosting a little SXSWi get together Sunday morning. And you are so invited. If you are going to be anywhere near Austin this weekend, here's the official announcement:

wakeup.png

Meet us at City Hall Sunday, March 9th! Swing by Austin Java (301 West 2nd Street) at 9 a.m., and we’ll all be there for an hour or so (or more, or longer or however long we want) and we’ll hang. It’s super close (steps away) from the convention center, so if you’re going to SXSWi, you’ll be right there.

We might even have cupcakes.* Because we’re crazy like that.

Of course, we know that there’s a lot happening on 3/9, so we’re getting an early start…with coffee… and sk*rt lovers…and breakdancers**… and trained monkeys***, and then even more coffee****.

We can’t think of a better way to start a day. You can even let us know you’re coming if you visit the event listing at Upcoming.

And! This just in! Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and their awesome magazine Everyday Food have just let us know they’ll be giving 10 subscriptions plus 10 cool counter top magazine holders to 10 random people there. So, the most random people win. Kidding. But something like that. Plus, everyone who comes will receive a copy of the latest Everyday Food issue. You know, to read if a SXSW speaker gets boring. It could happen.

We hope you come — we'd love to meet you.

Kisses,
the sk*rt chicks

*Cupcakes could be anything.

**Okay, so not really breakdancers.

***And probably not monkeys. Probably.

****Also, herbal tea.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

Austin is one of my most favorite American Cities. Ever. I've never been to the festival, but I've been in town during the music festival; lots of famous faces around. Oh I just LOVE Austin and the weather is great this time of year! I hope you have ball!

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 3:29:00 PM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

well, dadgum! i wish i could make it out on a sunday morning to meet design mom and spill about all of my favorite austin things! hope you enjoy your time in this fabulous city and let me know if you need me to point you in the right direction during your "off" times!

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 3:34:00 PM EST  
Blogger Kaylen said...

Oh I am SO SO SO jealous.

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 3:42:00 PM EST  
Blogger Annie said...

How fun for you! Hopefully we can swing by Austin Java this weekend and meet the crew!

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 3:53:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right now it is pouring rain, windy, and 38 degrees in Austin. I hope it improves by this weekend! I am going to try to come Sunday, but I may be recovering from being over-champagned the previous night.

I hope you enjoy SXSWi. The festival happens (literally) right outside my window!

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 5:46:00 PM EST  
Blogger The Frampers said...

Make sure you visit Kerbey Lane Cafe...it's an Austin favorite. They are are open 24/7. While I love everything on their menu, a lot of ppl really love their pancakes. Go to the original location that is located on Kerbey Lane. Here is their website http://www.kerbeylanecafe.com/. I sure do miss that place!

Friday, March 7, 2008 at 8:46:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home