Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Felted Wool Spheres





I think I've found a great project for my kids — for Maude especially because she is amazing with her hands. I'm excited about this kit for making felted wool balls with a little jingle bell inside. I think they would be fun to make, fun to play with and so pretty sitting on display in a bowl.

I suppose if you already know how to make felt you could just buy wool and skip the kit. But I'm a novice and I think the kit would be helpful. I also remember reading about someone making oversize versions of these using a tennis ball as the form. I find the whole thing so appealing.

Find it here.
add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love felting! We did some projects in a Waldorf-ish class Jasper took last spring. He loved squishing the wool in the suds. I like the magic of something loose and fluffy becoming thick and dense. Colors can be wonderful, too.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 at 2:50:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Rachel said...

I have to tell you that I was at a gift show in San Fran this last weekend and found the most amazing bracelets made out of felted balls....and purses. they were made by craftsmen in nepal. i'll have them on darlybird soon, but just thought I'd tell you about it...you could just have your girls thread them onto elastic thread and make bracelets for their friends. (I'm sure mine would be too big for little girls.)

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 at 6:07:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Adriana, so glad you have positive felting experience. Now I know who to turn to if I have questions.

Rachel, gift shows are so inspiring. I can't wait to see the cool stuff you found when I next visit Darleybird.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 at 8:03:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home