Friday, October 06, 2006

Tag Sale




Went to a tag sale with Kathryn C today. Found this amazing vintage foil wrapping paper. There was a huge roll of red, a huge roll of turquoise and a double-huge roll of gold. The white pattern is raised and felted so the paper feels really soft when you touch it.


I'm so excited. I think I'll use this as the basis for this year's Christmas decorations. Best part: total cost was $5 — and they threw in this funky bucket I wanted.

Things I left behind and am questioning: glass/silver cake platter and really interesting dresser for a child's room, very retro, very chic. Both were priced to sell. Will someone please remind me that I don't need another cake platter or dresser?

EDIT: If anyone out there wants some of the gold (not pictured), drop by and I'll roll out a bunch of yardage for you. I have way more than I can use.
add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Blogger Allysha said...

gorgeous. i love it!

Friday, October 6, 2006 at 3:25:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me, too.

Friday, October 6, 2006 at 3:56:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You definitely need another dresser and a vintage cake plate needs a loving home. Go back!

Friday, October 6, 2006 at 4:40:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do NOT need another dresser OR another cakeplate but the cakeplate would have made a nice gift for your sister who had a recent birthday...

Friday, October 6, 2006 at 7:12:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Bek said...

I wish I could shop with you. I need some serious help w/ my house..... Does any one make house calls? Lisa? Anyone?

Friday, October 6, 2006 at 8:47:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Melody said...

I don't know you, but I love this site. . . Lovely photos throughout. I'll come visit again.

At first I thought the wrapping paper was fabric - looks just like the silk my friend brought back for me from India.

Friday, October 6, 2006 at 11:06:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Girl con Queso said...

So cool! I can't believe you found that for $5!

Sunday, October 8, 2006 at 11:17:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Emily said...

What's a tag sale? I want to go.

Monday, October 9, 2006 at 1:53:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Tag sale is what they call garage sales or yard sales in the NorthEast. This was technically an estate sale (someone old died and they were selling of the entire contents of her house).

Monday, October 9, 2006 at 9:29:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home