Friday, October 06, 2006

Ask Design Mom: Shower Curtain




Wonderful Juliane writes: Here's a subject for you. I'm looking for a shower curtain that goes with Benjamin Moore's Dusky Blue paint that we just put in the bathroom. And of course, I want it to be stylish :)

I have no hard and fast rules for shower curtains, although in bathrooms with shiny white fixtures, I'm currently partial to a thick, plush, terrycloth curtain in clean white.

While looking for just such a terrycloth curtain, I noticed these at Restoration Hardware. The one in chocolate/taupe would look beautiful against dusky blue. They also have a mostly white hotel curtain with just a touch of color. (I think silver sage would probably coordinate well with dusky blue.)

In the Thomas O'Brien Vintage Modern collection, Target sells a classic white cotton option for $30.
add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gabby,

You're the best! What a quick response. You're definately my "go-to-girl" now. Jeff and I went to the mall last night and actually brought home the RH Hotel shower curtain to see if we liked it. Maybe I do have some style after all :) Of course, it was Jeff who dragged me to the mall in the first place, and Jeff who picked out the curtain so really I'm just glad I have a stylish husband!

Friday, October 6, 2006 at 10:27:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Erin said...

I made a terrycloth shower curtain out of two bath "sheets." The only difficult part was finding a rivet machine (is that what they're called) for the top.

Friday, October 6, 2006 at 2:46:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my RH bathroom gear. What do you recommend as fashionable shower curtain rings? Are you the plain and simple metal type, or do you fancy something a little different?

Friday, October 6, 2006 at 5:15:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jeff said...

Gabby, thanks for validating my EXACT choice of shower curtain. Lindsey, I bought these last night to match our fixtures, and they look great.

I feel girly.

Friday, October 6, 2006 at 9:45:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff-
I like those. I have the metal part already but not the hot and cold. Very nice.

Sunday, October 8, 2006 at 9:37:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home