Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sensational Beads



Oriental Trading serves specific useful purposes but is mostly just a sorry load of junk that I find kind of disturbing.
I only save OT catalogs from going straight to the trash when I know I have a birthday party or some other event coming up. So today, I was about to dispose of what I thought was another OT catalog when something on the back cover caught my eye: it was a beads only selection. What the. . .?

I searched it cover to cover and I am converted. I have so been wanting to experiment with jewelry making but keep being intimidated by where to start. I feel like I would need to sit in the bead/craft store for a long time to make comparisons and figure out exactly what I need. Enter Oriental Trading to the rescue. I can browse the catalog a thousand times and be as indecisive as I want.

The 60-page catalog has a pretty amazing selection — fresh water pearls, charms, spacers, glass, stone, wood — and all the hardware and tools you need to put everything together.

See more or request a catalog here.
add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz Stanley said...

gabby you are a blogging machine these last few days! love it!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 at 11:33:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

It's not me. It's Lisa, the lovely guest blogger. Add her posts to my daily 3 and it's like a whole new blog!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 at 11:46:00 AM EDT  
Blogger jordan said...

Very cool beads....

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 at 5:56:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Yen said...

Checkout artbeads.com--they are the best site I have found. (And I found you through Lisa.) And they don't charge for shipping. And they have pretty pearls.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 at 8:52:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Rachel said...

wow! I thought OTP was a bunch of crappy gimmicks sprinkled with a few weird Christian-themed boondoggling kits. I'm up to my ears in jewelry sites these days . . . I'm gonna rock this one tonite!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 at 11:31:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home