Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Pressed Flowers





I was emailing my friend Emily about the latest creative endeavors in her life and she told me about her Mom's current show: amazing botanicals, dried and pressed. I have loved her Mom's work since I first met Emily and was so excited to get these pictures.

Emily noted that one very cool part of the show was the written material that went along with each piece. It might include folklore, history, scientific info, personal experience, etc. for each leaf or flower. (I love this idea! Wouldn't it be cool to make informational plaques for any of the significant artworks or prints in your house, so your kids could be super familiar with the work?)


The show ends this week and it's in Utah at Gallery One Ten, so I won't get to see it in person, but I was so glad she'd let me know about the show. Love, love this remarkable work.
add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home