Monday, September 18, 2006

No One Can Take Your Place




Oscar (number 4) is just getting into the loving animals stage. He likes to read animal books, mimic animal noises, he can't see a dog without trying to pet it. So I was thinking it was time to introduce him to a PBS kids animal show. Then I realized, I hadn't seen Zoboomafoo for a long time. Maybe years. I checked the schedule and it's not even on in our area.

Darn it. I miss that show. My kids loved it and I loved it it too. Ralph would watch enthralled while I nursed the baby and my crush on the Kratt Brothers simultaneously. (Be honest, which one is your favorite?)

If you've only entered the world of PBS Kids recently, you may have missed the rugged, smiley, charming Kratts and it's a shame. No one has really taken their place in the Mother-Crush area. Doodlebops? Um no. Sporticus from Lazy Town? Please, no.

[FYI for Ben: I don't crush on the Kratt Brothers anymore. Just JT.]
add to kirtsy

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This thing is unreal. I know you told me about your blog months ago, but in my typical fashion I just checked it out today. And I have been checking it ALL day. Twice the little Bear cried in vain while I finished reading a bunch of past entries. LOVE it all. I want to move and re-do my whole life with all this stuff.

I had no idea you were a JT girl. nice.

Monday, September 18, 2006 at 2:26:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Who isn't a JT girl?

Monday, September 18, 2006 at 2:35:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'VE been looking for this show, too! Topher always loves the part when they sing "They're coming from the closet. . . " instead of "They're coming out of the closet. . ." it brings out the 12 year-old boy in him.

Monday, September 18, 2006 at 2:38:00 PM EDT  
Blogger liz said...

I heard about this from my sister years ago and though (what? THAT'S what I have to look forward to for crushing?).

Then I became a nursing housewife and after several weeks of Blues Clues and too few social interactions Steve wasn't looking so bad.

Monday, September 18, 2006 at 3:02:00 PM EDT  
Blogger kacy faulconer said...

I used to like Martin best, but now I find the way Chris plays little brother to bigger Martin endearing. It's hard to choose. Ben asks to wear Chris and Martin shorts everyday. I have Comcast and Zoboomafoo is available on demand. It's so sweet.

Monday, September 18, 2006 at 3:48:00 PM EDT  
Blogger topher clark said...

Yeah, but that's the thing: those shorts. Way too short, and they are always leaping off of things and rolling around on the floor. Not a great idea from certain camera angles.

Design Mom - could you design them some roomier, longer shorts? Just wondering.

Monday, September 18, 2006 at 6:06:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Erin said...

We love this show. For awhile it was on 131, but now I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Monday, September 18, 2006 at 10:02:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really, aren't they both cute? Personally, I dig the guy from "Johnny and the Sprites" on Disney Channel. Wonder what they are like in real life.....

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 at 1:55:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home