Thursday, August 10, 2006

Sandcastle Cake



I loved seeing this SandCastle cake form at Williams Sonoma. I have a wonderful memory of my 6th birthday party where my mother used a plastic sand castle form made for the beach and filled it with rice-crispie treat "dough" to make a castle cake. If I remember correctly, the castle-crispie-treat was then decorated with candies in the tradition of gingerbread architecture.


I also remember being so embarrased at that party when I opened one of my presents and it was underwear rolled up in a cute package made to look like oversize crayons. I'm blushing just thinking about it.
add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

W-S also makes a gingerbread bundt pan for Christmas too. It's not on their website right now but it should be back again this season. You get the look of a gingerbread house but the taste of a yummy cake. Kids (and adults too) can still have just as much fun decorating it.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 at 4:17:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

A gingerbread cake is more my speed right now than a gingerbread house. I'll have to watch Williams Sonoma.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 at 4:32:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home