Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hallway Lighting




I think this is my last post about Girls Weekend in San Francisco.

The design-related image that comes to mind most frequently from my San Francisco trip is the lighting in the hallways of Hotel Vitale. My sister Jordan blogged about the hotel here and she's right, the hotel was amazing. Every design detail deserves a blog, but my favorite is definitely the hallway lighting.
Do I have a picture? No. I carried my camera the whole trip without using it once. Dumb me.

So I'll describe instead:
Pretty straightforward directional lighting — 2 single-bulb fixtures in a recessed rectangle on the ceiling about 2 feet x 4 feet. Covering the recess was a piece of glass/plexiglass silkscreened with a botanical print on both sides which filtered the light so beautifully and was beautiful in its own right. Amazing and very ingenious.

I guess I'll need to make a return visit to get that picture. . .
add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that picture from the rooftop. We should have taken our appetizers up there Friday night. Remember you always have a place to stay in CA...

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 at 10:51:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home