Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Takashimaya




With the Rathers moving, there have been conversations about places in the city they need to visit before they're gone. I recommended a thorough browsing of Takashimaya — a hi-end Japanese department store on 5th Avenue.


There are few places in the city that are more beautiful than this space. And it's not too big, like Saks or Bloomingdales, so you can thoroughly explore it without shop-till-you-drop-tired-feet. One highlight is the lobby where fresh flowers are arranged before your eyes.


If you love designy things, it's a New York don't miss. Buy something there, anything, just to see the way they giftwrap.
add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Wouldn't that be lovely inspiration for restoring an old hotel?

Tuesday, August 1, 2006 at 7:22:00 PM EDT  
Blogger MrsEm said...

Oh my! I love this place already!

Tuesday, August 1, 2006 at 8:02:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite section -- the tea room downstairs. We get a Takashimaya tea box as a gift every year around the holidays. I especially love their ginger cookies.

Tuesday, August 1, 2006 at 11:14:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jenni said...

now you tell me! oh well, just one more reason to come back.

Tuesday, August 1, 2006 at 11:58:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Lizzy said...

where are the rathers moving to? we started an epidemic!

Wednesday, August 2, 2006 at 8:51:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been in this store numerous times and never known that it had upper floors until Gabby mentioned it to me. It is absolutely fabulous-- I could have spent hours in the baby section-- knit dresses, neat art prints, etc. Thanks for the recommendation, Gabby!

Friday, August 4, 2006 at 9:02:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Parisbreakfasts said...

Oh my favorite store next to ABC.
They're so tough about taking pictures in there...
Nice shot.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 at 3:34:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home