Monday, July 31, 2006

A Frank Response

Earlier I posted about Frank's Marinara. On the same day I emailed Frank and told him how much I liked his Marinara sauce and let him know I had blogged about him. He wrote back the very next day — impressive customer service. Here's what he wrote:

Hi Gabrielle:

I thank you for your trying and liking my sauce. May I ask how you decided to try it in the first place?

And I appreciate the publicity and effort that went into placing that on your blog.

I appreciate the offers as well. The label redesign (sorry you don't like the one I have now) is something I would not consider at this time. It has been that way for over 7 years and to change it would be a VERY difficult thing to do both for my customers and the stores. I thank you for the offer.

Let me think about the website.

Once again - thank you for your comments and kindness.

Yours truly,

Frank D. Parseliti
Frank's Marinara Sauces
Bibelicious Sauces
26 Hawk's Landing
Amston, CT 06231
860-228-0745
860-833-8312


Here is my response:

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your quick reply. I first tried your sauce when my husband picked it out. He knows I love products with few and easily identifiable ingredients. He read your label and guessed I would probably like it. He was right, I rarely make a trip to the grocery store without picking up a bottle or two. The kids love it as well.

About your label. I totally understand your not wanting to change it. Certainly, you've invested a significant amount in the one you have, both in product recognition and printing costs. And please understand I don't think it's a horrible label, I just think it could be better. (Frankly, I think about 75% of ALL product packaging is due for a redesign.) In your case, Frank's is the most expensive sauce on the shelf and I think I would enjoy buying it even more if it looked somehow gourmet or extra-special.

[ "Gourmet" is probably the wrong word. It sounds too fancy. The name Frank's is a pretty friendly, folksy name. So maybe a really cool design that felt authentic and down-home or had some kind of detailing that made it feel individually bottled, anyway. . . ]

Someday, if you're ready to redesign, let me know. In the meantime, thanks for the great product.

Gabrielle

add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

hilarious! I am so glad you wrote him!

I say keep at it and send him a few sample ideas of how you would do it and i bet he would get the gist and love it! then free sauce for life! YA!

then invite is over for a taste test.

Wednesday, August 2, 2006 at 12:23:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

You've got a standing invitation.

Wednesday, August 2, 2006 at 9:54:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home