Thursday, July 27, 2006

Eurovan



I resisted becoming a mini-van family for as long as possible. We needed the space but from a design point of view, I just wanted something more funky than the best sellers:
Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna. I found my happy place with the VW Eurovan. The Eurovan is super-cool. There is so much headroom that I usually just climb in the back with the kids, walk around buckling everyone in and then walk my way to the front seat. No other mini-van touches it for space. Also, it's unusual for me to see one when I'm out and about which makes me feel like they're special.

Sadly, VW stopped selling them in North America and I am selling mine because it's
getting older (it's a 2001) and I don't have the time or inclination to take care of an aging vehicle. So now I'm stuck in the same dilemma: what interesting vehicle has passenger space for 7 or more and room for groceries/stroller?

If a local VW dealer would import a brand new Eurovan from Europe or Mexico and lease it to us, I would like that.
add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger jordan said...

They are discontinuing them? So sad.

I had a jetta for a while but after living with Paul's civic the last few years I'm sold on Hondas. It NEVER breaks down. Even though it doesn't look as cool as a Jetta I never worry if it is going to start.

Go japanese cars!

Friday, July 28, 2006 at 1:17:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Lizzy said...

sorry to hear that the eurovan is going away. i know how much you loved it.

Friday, July 28, 2006 at 1:45:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Our 2nd car is a Honda Pilot. Never gives us a bit of trouble, but I pass by maybe 50 a day. I am comforted that ours is white, which I don't see many of.

Friday, July 28, 2006 at 3:45:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Mo said...

Gabby, you can always customize you Pilot to make it more unique. Josh M. could help you pick out some nice spinners.

Friday, July 28, 2006 at 8:46:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home