Monday, August 14, 2006

Mobiles



So I have a thing for mobiles. I love this one at Wee Gallery.


6 or 7 years ago, Oh Judy and I put together a weekend art market with lots of artists selling all sorts of pretty things. I made mobiles. A few were designed for children's rooms, but most were intended to start a new trend of sophisticated, cool-looking mobiles hung in a living room or office. As you're all aware the trend really took off.

I believe the one above is intended to be hung over a crib, but it would look better in my dining room.
add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Girl con Queso said...

Love it.

Monday, August 14, 2006 at 9:36:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Bek said...

Hi G,

Thanks for your comment. How are you all doing? I love the new stuff you have found and put on this site...I have a new one for you. Do you have Cost Plus out there? They have these really cute stuffed animals like the ones that you mentioned below (they are in the sock monkey style..) They have cats, zebras, monkeys, etc. They are really modern and fun looking...not cutesy at all and they are only about 12 inches tall. They are 12.99$!!

I am going to go check out the stockings.....

Monday, August 14, 2006 at 10:15:00 PM EDT  
Blogger C. Jane Kendrick said...

Dearest Gabby,
How high would you hang the mobile over a dinning room table? About chandelier length? Higher? Lower?

I think I could get into the mobiles.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 at 1:27:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Lovely C Jane,

Chandelier height sounds perfect. Or maybe off in a corner? You are a Clark and therefore have an impeccable eye, so I would say: C Jane can't go wrong.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 at 10:24:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home