Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Gift Show #1





The show was wonderful. So, so big. Maybe I saw 1/3 of everything. Possibly a half. It was hard to judge how much ground I had covered.


Main themes:

1) Birds. Everywhere on everything. If you don't get a bird-themed gift this year I will be shocked and awed.

2) Really wonderful wallpaper-like prints and patterns in funky color-combinations.

The first booth I fell in love with was Funktion. Amazing aprons, tablecloths, even hammocks. The pictures don't do them justice. They had matching aprons for adults and kids — love it. The pictures above are from the spring 2006 line. The website doesn't show the fall line yet in the retail section, but trust me, it's so awesome. Check back in a few months.
add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Mumsy said...

So cute. I like those even more than April Cornell.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 at 10:08:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hey--I don't know if you saw them on Darlybird, but I have a few of the mother/daughter combos from funktion. LOVE THEM! (My daughter and I have matching, and now I have to buy the new full ones because I love them so much, too.....) I think I'm coming/going to NYC this feb for the next fair. I've done San Fran a few times, but I'm ready for the big apple.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 at 2:23:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Oh Rachel, I 'm so glad you heart Funktion. Definitely come to NY in February. February is the new June.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 at 8:41:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

Thanks for the link for Funktion - love it.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 at 8:31:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home