Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Texture





I consistently crave interesting textures. These textile photos by Gemma Commas caught my eye.



And you know I love the classic Emeco Navy Chair (it's my very favorite chair). There's really nothing I would do to improve upon it, so I was surprised how much I like the texture of the wood seat against the metal in this new version.



I also think this furniture upholstered in grain sack is highly appealing. I wonder if it's comfy?

Labels:

add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

I'm digging the feed sack thing myself. perhaps I'll settle for a pillow...

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 10:28:00 AM EST  
Blogger No Big Dill said...

simple.

beautiful.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 10:56:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Katie B. said...

I too love textures. The grain sack idea is intriguing. I also like the idea of using grain sacks as pillow covers...you get a little bit without having to take the whole plunge!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 12:00:00 PM EST  
Blogger Julianne said...

ummm . . . I doubt it!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 4:21:00 PM EST  
Anonymous red.or.gray.art said...

not only the gorgeous textures but the soft warm colors ..a delight here today

Thursday, February 18, 2010 at 2:49:00 PM EST  
Blogger Katie said...

Dude, those aluminum chairs are amazing.

And if you send them an old aluminum chair they'll sell you a new one for HALF OFF! Sounds like I may be cruising craigslist for some crappy old aluminum chairs!

Thursday, February 18, 2010 at 3:03:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home