Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Letter to Her 15-Week Old Daughter from Chelsea Hilton


image via Mary Ruffle

Dear Zoe,


Tomorrow you will be 15 weeks old and I think it's about time I stop counting in weeks. If it's getting annoying at 15 weeks, wait until you're hundreds of weeks old. You'll be two years old and already embarrassed of your mother.


Everyone is always asking me what new developments are taking place over here and lately my answer is just one word — DROOL. A close second is spit-up, though. Your drool and spit-up are currently duking it out for first prize. Drool is winning because of the sheer volume, but spit-up is really shining in the 'requiring a change of clothes' category. However, there's another twist that keeps drool in the lead — you're likely drooling so much because you're starting to teethe and because you're starting to teethe, you're chewing on your fingers like a maniac which causes you to gag and spit up. So that makes spit-up more of a follower than a leader. That's just the way of the world.


We're still having trouble with the sleeping. You just don't like sleeping in a bed, so you're still almost always sleeping in the swing. It worries me. I'm sorry if you're grown up and reading this in a full body brace because your jackass mother couldn't figure out how to get her baby to sleep in a bed. It's not for lack of trying, though. Every night we try, and every night you wrestle around and grunt and kick your legs and swing your arms (except for when you're swaddled, of course, because you're in a burrito) and eventually scream and/or cry. So? Back in the swing you go and you go right to sleep.



You are such a happy baby, Zoe. You have started really laughing now, too. Good, long belly laughs. I love it. I do the stupidest things all day long to get you laughing like that. We are two of the happiest people around, I swear. I think about everyone else going about their daily lives and think of how lucky I am to be home laughing with my baby all day. I act like an idiot and you laugh and then I laugh and we're both smiling all the time. It's a great life. I hit the jackpot.


I love you, little bean.
Momma

From Chelsea of Mommalou and Zoe B.

----------

Note from Design Mom: for the duration of my pregnancy, I'll be posting advice, memories and stories about pregnancy, childbirth, adoption and growing a family on Wednesdays. You can find them all by clicking here. I'd love to hear your story or memory or advice, feel free to submit it to gabrielle@designmom.com.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Could Zoe be more delicious? What a gorgeous baby!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 3:54:00 PM EST  
Blogger Angella said...

I had to post the last few lines on FB - what memories of being a total goofball to get the belly laughs!

BTW, I'm loving these. My guys are 9 & 11, and it's so much fun reading & remembering the sweet baby times. Thanks so much for letting us share those times with others!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 4:38:00 PM EST  
Anonymous l.e. said...

what a sweet baby girl! chelsea, have you seen the fisher-price newborn rock n' play sleeper (http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2002&e=product&pid=51903&ncat=thumbnail&pcat=bgpy)? it sounds like it may be perfect for you and yours.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 7:10:00 PM EST  
Blogger Katherine said...

So sweet! Both of my boys slept in their swing also. I made myself crazy trying to get my oldest to sleep in his crib but he loved the swing. He does sleep in his bed now. I just gave up with the second one. :) And he now sleeps in his crib too.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 7:54:00 PM EST  
Blogger Chelsea said...

Zoe's 2 now, sleeps in a bed just fine and thankfully her body isn't swing-shaped.

Wish I could have relaxed and enjoyed some sleep myself. Such is life as a new mother, though. ;)

Thursday, February 4, 2010 at 1:22:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Irene said...

Zoe is an amazing baby and Chelsea is an amazing mom. Though she is only reading this as you do, Chelsea is on my secret list of People To Call When I Get Pregnant And Panic About Everything.

Thursday, February 4, 2010 at 1:44:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home