Monday, February 22, 2010

Back from Houston & the Mom 2.0 Summit



What a terrific conference. You can tell it was great when the opening event meant you could wear a bright orange feathered dress and
your hair in a giant beehive. I sent Ben Blair a photo of myself all done up for the MadMen party and he responded back, "Yow-zah."

In addition to adorning my very pregnant body with feathers, I also spoke on the Keynote Panel with Heather Armstrong of Dooce and Maggie Mason of Mighty Girl. Stephanie Smirnov of PR Mama moderated our session and asked a slew of thoughtful and interesting questions. It was the most fun speaking on a panel I've ever had and I was truly honored to be asked.

More Mom 2.0 Summit reports coming when I've had a minute to process. In the meantime, you can see my photos of the event here. And everybody's photos of the event here. Also. I love Mom 101's recap of the event here.

PS - Want to see the outfit I was going to wear before Maggie saved the day with the brilliant orange dress? Here's a peek courtesy of The Bloggess.

add to kirtsy

11 Comments:

Anonymous Boston Mamas said...

Such an amazing conference G, and you looked stunning. Then again, you always do! xoxo Christine

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 1:22:00 PM EST  
Blogger nicole said...

you totally rock a beehive.

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 1:38:00 PM EST  
Blogger Elz said...

You looked amazing in the orange dress. The other outfit was certainly psychadelic!

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 2:24:00 PM EST  
Blogger confused homemaker said...

i love that dress, anytime you get to wear orange & feathers it is a good time. i came by way of both google & anna over at abdpbt i'm glad i did!

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 2:48:00 PM EST  
Blogger Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

woah. your hair, I mean your dress, I mean...woah.

that other outfit is woah times a million

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 3:03:00 PM EST  
Blogger Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

JUST FABULOUS!!!!! You look incredible!

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 5:35:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jessica Jo said...

you look like big bird! in a good way, of course.

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 5:38:00 PM EST  
Blogger Christy said...

I love that orange dress and want to buy it!!!

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 6:22:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Mir said...

You were radiant in orange feathers. And I'm pretty sure that sentence has NEVER passed my lips before.

Thank you so much to you and the rest of the Kirtsy and Tasteful Life gang for putting on such a wonderful event. I had a blast!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 8:53:00 AM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

that is sooooo amazing! i would love to see the others!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 9:12:00 AM EST  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Thanks mama - you remain an inspiration both here and in person.

And don't ever be saying "there's no such thing" as a fabulous-looking pregnant woman ever again.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 3:20:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home