Monday, January 11, 2010

Mexican Rodeo



I had a hot date with Ben Blair on Saturday night to the Mexican Rodeo Extravaganza. So. much. fun. There were fancy ladies in huge ruffle-y dresses riding side saddle. There was a 12-person Mariachi band accompanying the festivities the entire time. And there were matadors. In sequins. It's was easily the best rodeo I've ever attended. (And though you may not guess it, I've actually attended many, many rodeos in my time. Shocking, right?) The photos are of a man doing rope tricks while standing on horseback. It was dark and I was experimenting with a new camera — I thought these shots turned out really cool.





Also. I posted my first picture to the Bloganista's flickr pool — my outfit for the rodeo!

Also. My site was being moved to a new server over the weekend and it was totally down.
Blech. My sincere apologies if you tried to check in and couldn't find me. And huge thanks for your patience with my technical difficulties.

How was your weekend, Dear Readers? Anything fun happen? Did you get your holiday decorations put away — or was that done ages ago? Also, when does real TV start again?

add to kirtsy

12 Comments:

Blogger Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

I tried checking your site after Cjane linked to you. I was super bummed. Glad it wasn't anthing tragic.

You gotta check out Brazilian Rodeos, seriously you would LOV it.

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 4:41:00 PM EST  
Blogger Heather said...

To be honest, I had a mild freak-out. Nothing to serious. But I have to say, even though I'm new to your blog and blogs in general, I've become a big reader. Thanks for what you do. It seems to make motherhood less daunting (not a mom yet, so I only hear stories and there are a lot of horror ones out there, exaggerated or not). Thanks.

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 4:59:00 PM EST  
Blogger Heather said...

I misspelled "too". Sorry about that.

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 5:00:00 PM EST  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Damaris, Heather - thank you for the comments. And thanks for checking back!

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 5:22:00 PM EST  
Blogger LoveFeast Table said...

Cool...especially the top one!

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 5:28:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got invited to a homemade outdoor ice rink at a friend's house and the kids skated for hours in the cold but they didn't care because it was so much fun. It was very old fashioned fun.

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 5:29:00 PM EST  
Blogger Ms. Stack said...

My first child, Liam James, was born three weeks ago. These 2 a.m. feedings are brutal with nothing on my DVR. I have been relegated to watching infomercials... and I am just a phone call away from ordering this ridiculous product which promises my baby will be reading by 9 months old - seriously!?! http://shop.yourbabycanread.com/

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 7:27:00 PM EST  
Blogger Robin said...

The ladies in the frilly dresses are the compliment to the male charros. They are wearing escaramuza dresses. Really beautiful and so proper...side-saddle! My sister-in-law has participated in escaramuza events in Oaxaca, Mexico, since she was a little girl.

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 7:44:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jessica Brown said...

Love your rodeo outfit. Great style.

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 8:13:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Lisa Turner said...

Well this year I decided to get ahead of the game, my Christmas decs were all put away before New Years! I was just ready to move on.

As for TV-for me, it has finally started to return! The Bachelor and American Idol are back!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 10:42:00 AM EST  
Blogger happily, Becki said...

Love the rodeo outfit. I recently made a bunch of flower headbands and pins, inspiration from your blog. Thanks for all the delightful ideas!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 12:35:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can view photos of the 16th Annual Mexican Rodeo Extravaganza at: http://www.digpicphoto.com/Mexican_Rodeo_Extravaganza.htm

Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 3:25:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home