Friday, January 08, 2010

A Few Things



Go peek at this dollhouse Joslyn renovated for her girlies. It has yellow wallpaper!

A chart picturing the last 10 years — the world is so very, very interesting.

These images of real interior spaces made me smile. People have such pretty homes.

Not even kidding. There are seven (7!) free Alt Summit passes up for grab courtesy of PicScout.

Did you read about the Bloganistas? It's a flickr group that's posting pics of their outfits (like the one above). I just joined. Don't you want to join too? I think it will be fun.

Nie Nie is in the middle of multiple major surgeries and looking at more months of intense recovery. Prayers are in order.

Tres adventurous. While we were at the snowy cabin, the cousins built a snowfort (called a quinzhee) and even stayed the night in the fort.

Look at these paint covered hands. Yummy. Makes me want to get my creative on.

This split-level house spotted on sub-studio has me drooling. I really want to build a house. Ben Blair and I have started looking into building locations to satisfy our curiosity.

How fun! A vintage ad browser. (Also. My Comm Arts Advertising Annual just arrived. Looking forward to sitting down with it.)

A sweet story of how a family remembers a son who is gone.

When I see buildings like this, I get butterflies in my stomach. Love.

Here's a New Years Ritual I want to adopt.

This book about new classic American homes is on my wishlist. (Clearly, houses are on my mind.)

Thank you for all the kind comments this week about our baby girl(!) and my belly. I always love reading what you have to say.

add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

I love the links! I am going to check out the American Houses book! Thank you!

Friday, January 8, 2010 at 3:33:00 PM EST  
Blogger Joslyn said...

a few things ;-)

1. your baby bump is adorable
2. i want to steal that new year's ritual too...
3. thanks for the link love.

happy weekend!
xo

Friday, January 8, 2010 at 3:33:00 PM EST  
Blogger Sarah Bradley said...

Oh that story is so beautiful it just brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad she shared her feeling with us.

And, that New Years Eve tradition... I think I might need to do that next year!

Friday, January 8, 2010 at 4:16:00 PM EST  
Blogger jack, lucy, finn, dot, martha, and rocky said...

that snow fort is amazing, fascinating and terrifying all at the same time. thanks for sharing all these goodies.

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 11:32:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Garden Beet said...

love the aussie house - looks like ned kelly's head armour - have seen this 'flap' design on other weekend houses in Australia - but can't remember who designed it - does anyone know?

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 1:46:00 PM EST  
Anonymous tjhirst said...

I'm married to a great architect who's licensed in Colorado (his business partner's from Denver) when the building urge turns into something real. I love what he created for us. You can see our tower on the front page of his site.
http://www.ohdesignpc.com/

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 4:39:00 PM EST  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

tjhirst - That tower is fantastic. I think I need to talk with your husband.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 1:34:00 AM EST  
Blogger Steele Street Studios said...

Hello, I was just reading along on your lovely blog and came across your husband's name! My name is Blair and my husband's name is Ben...it kinda freaked me out for a second!

I love your pics and your blog!

Blair

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 4:19:00 PM EST  
Blogger erica said...

love martha's outfit, the plum is perfect against the dark greys and navy.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 10:10:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home