Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Altitude Design Summit



We're now just a few weeks from the Altitude Design Summit and I'm working diligently to get all the details in place (in fact, I really need to finish posting this so that I can prepare this week's Alt Newsletter). It might be impossible to describe how much I'm looking forward to the event and I can't think of a better way to kickstart my 2010.


Two things that are making me especially happy:


1) All the chatter about Alt Summit on Twitter. (You can follow along here.)
This really is the first conference of its kind — bringing together the best of social media and design. I've been to many, many excellent conferences but have never had the chance to hear most of the Alt Summit Speakers hold forth. If you are thinking about coming, grab your registration before they're gone. (Bonus: I heard airfare to Salt Lake City is very affordable right now.)

2) Karey Mackin's great post about Alt Summit. It's beautiful and fun to read. And captures perfectly what I'm feeling. Thank you for writing it, Karey.

Isn't that 2010 image delicious? It was shot by Gemma Gomas (she's the talented photographer I worked with on the Parents Magazine bedroom shoot).

add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger Alejandra said...

I love this picture! So original and organic. I wish I could go to this summit, but being very pregnant is not so fun to travel right now. Have fun and bring lots of pictures :)

Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 9:15:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Tm_Erin said...

Can't wait for Alt to come to Utah. I was driving today, hoping HARD that our funky air will blow out and you'll all get to enjoy our ROCKING mountains.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 10:47:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, that image is soooo delicious. i am such a visual person and that made me read the whole post. love it. AND i'm scheming on how to attend alt and sneak in a serious IKEA shoppping spree for my studio. hmmm.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 12:36:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Destri said...

diddo on the air clearing up. Can't wait for alt!!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 11:05:00 AM EST  
Blogger Megan {ShabbyBlogs} said...

I am so excited to go! I can't even tell you. Yaaaay!

{That was probably the most boring comment I have ever left in my life, but my mind is so stoked about Alt that there's no room in there for cleverness right now.}

Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 9:27:00 PM EST  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Alejandra, I feel for you! If I was another month along, I bet I wouldn't be able to go either. We'll miss you!

Tm_Erin, I thought the exact same thing on our roadtrip to Yellowstone. Salt Lake is such a pretty city!

birddogpress, Oh my! I do miss Ikea. It's still sort of unbelievable to me that Denver doesn't have one. Let's both sneak away from the Summit for a shopping trip.

Destri, my fingers are crossed. Let's think anti-inversion thoughts.

Megan, I'm so looking forward to meeting you.

Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 10:50:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home