Thursday, May 28, 2009

5 Things You Could Buy for Father's Day



What? It's really the end of May?


Here are 5 things I've been considering for Father's Day. (Ben Blair, don't read this.)


1) T-shirt from Robotcha.
They come in kid size and grown up size. Ben Blair is sort of obsessed with robots.


2) Custom Fingerprint Cufflinks from Womily.

Womily has this amazing line of jewelry (necklaces, bracelets, keyrings, etc) called Touch, that feature the fingerprint/thumbprint of someone you love. They send you a kit to capture your print, you send it back, and they form it into jewelry. So cool! You could capture your babies thumbprints. Or if you have two kids, you could capture one fingerprint from each. Ben Blair is all about a great collection of cufflinks.


3)
Comic Book Wallet.
Made by the disabled from pages of recycled comic books. Available as passport holders as well. I don't think Ben Blair read many comic books as a kid, but they are certainly the basis of his favorite movies as an adult.


4)
Belt from Strapped Belts.
Made in Jackson Hole, Wyoming (where we honeymooned), I think these glass buckles are beautiful. And manly enough to keep Ben Blair's jeans around his waist.

5) Black Lacoste Polo Shirt.
Apparently Ben Blair's most recent version of this shirt was misplaced in the move. Bummer. Because he looks really good in it. In fact, I'm not sure if I've met a man that wouldn't look good in a black Lacoste polo.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are great ideas. I've found some cool stuff for myself too!

Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 3:01:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Allyson V said...

Those are some great ideas! Its funny, I was thinking of getting my husband a very similar robot shirt for Fathers Day - http://www.chopshopstore.com/product.php?productid=16186&cat=3 Now I can't decide which one to get!

Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 4:16:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kage said...

Or a seer sucker suit from J Crew, for your husband who has to wear suits all the time and has recently lost 40 pounds. How bout that?

Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 5:26:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Ashley said...

I love the black Lacoste idea. I'm adding that one to my list. The kids are getting my husband new J.Crew bathing suits for all of their summer trips to the pool. It will be a stylish Father's Day this year.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 5:56:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the strappedbelts.com buckles. I want one! I just ordered my husband some cufflinks from their line....I know they were not on your list but I love them

Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 7:05:00 PM EDT  
Blogger rubi said...

awesome ideas. you can also make your own cuff links out of vintage buttons. i made my husband some for valentines day.
http://www.marthastewart.com/article/button-heart-cuff-links?backto=true

Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 11:54:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Be Like the Squirrel, Girl said...

Nice! I want one of the comic book wallets.

Friday, May 29, 2009 at 12:32:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Katie B said...

Loving that Robot Tee!

Friday, May 29, 2009 at 3:23:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Aimee Friedrich said...

aww, we have two little boys; the robot tees for the little boys and dad would be so cute. thanks!

Monday, June 1, 2009 at 9:47:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

Great ideas! I always find it tough shopping for my husband gifts.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 5:01:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just ordered matching belt buckles for my husband and son! www.strappedbelts.com has some great stuff.

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 11:44:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home