Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day



Today was the first day in a whole month that I've a had a scheduled sitter so I could get some solid work done. It feels so good! Working without interruption = sweet satisfaction.

My mind is all over the place. Friday was the last day of school. We're making mental adjustments to the idea — because s
chool won't be out in New York till the end of June. And really, I barely had time to learn the teacher's names and the school year is already over. To celebrate we went hot-tubbing at our friend's house and had a sleepover.

Memorial Day was ideal and played its role as the first day of summer perfectly. We had a laundry/clean-the-house morning and then BBQ'd with the cousins through the afternoon and evening. Some of the party festivities: Football in the shared green space behind out house. Hamburgers, brats and hotdogs. Rain. Guitar Hero. Playing patriotic songs with the chimes. Watching the Nuggets/Lakers game. Fireworks on the wet patio.




The kids made cute little votive holders a la Nie, and hung them in the apple tree, but it was too wet to light them. Nobody minded.
: )

add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I have always wanted to know how to get those in my tree (without burning it down!). I've been collecting baby food jars...

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 11:28:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew I was saving those mason jars for something. Just got word we're hosting a small, intimate wedding tomorrow night.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 11:32:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Jessica said...

Great idea! I'll have to fetch out my mason jars...aah...

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 11:45:00 AM EDT  
Blogger CAKE Creative Co. said...

sounds like a good weekend to me. thanks for reminding me about my mason jars. i've been meaning to wire them up in the magnolia tree this summer...

Friday, May 29, 2009 at 1:24:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home