Friday, May 15, 2009

Downtown Chic



Guess what arrived in the mail yesterday? Downtown Chic. The book by Sixx Design — the husband-wife interior design collaboration. (Remember the interview I posted with Sixx Design? It was awesome.)


Friends. This book is the best design book I've read in ages. There are at least 10 ideas I want to copy right this minute. No really. Just last night I started drawing up plans for a new master bed and a work table for the art room based on images from the book. It is inspiring from start to finish and will leave you wondering why you didn't think to buy a horribly ugly building on the edges of Soho and make it beautiful.

Also. I love the glimpses into the life of any big family. I love seeing the similarities between the house I grew up in, the house I run now and the house in the book. Big families just engender a certain amount of chaos that is appealing to me.

My personal favorite part of the book: seeing my little sister Jordan's blog, Oh Happy Day, featured on page 20. Anyone who is a fan of Jordan is good by me.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

11 Comments:

Blogger Laura Trevey said...

I'll have to check it out!

Enjoy your weekend ~~

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 5:47:00 PM EDT  
Blogger MB said...

This is hilarious! I saw this book in the bookstore last night and was looking at it! I was meant to look at it! I love it!

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 6:03:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought it at B&N just this week. I haven't had time to really sit down with it, but what I've seen is wonderful. Beautiful photographs, fun quotes, and interesting insight on this unusual and captivating family!

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 6:07:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kaila said...

I need some project inspiration right now--this is perfect.

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 6:31:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Tracey Lynne said...

Thanks for sharing. I have been on the hunt for some new inspiration. Also, glad to be introduced to "Oh Happy Day".

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 8:44:00 PM EDT  
Blogger dana's design studio said...

LOVE your site and will blog about it. I learned about you through Whitney Johnson -- Dare to Dream. I will check back often.

Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 9:14:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Blend said...

Thanks for sharing, it was excellent

Monday, May 18, 2009 at 1:57:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Robin in CO said...

It's on my amazon wish list! It looks like great inspiration - thanks!

Monday, May 18, 2009 at 7:55:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Emma in California said...

If you want to discover and enjoy french designers for kids have a visit to my shop http://www.comptoirdenfance.com/
and my blog for French interiors
http://www.frenchatmosphere.blogspot.com
have fun
Emma

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 1:56:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Emma in California said...

Dear team,
If you want to enjoy French designers for kids, have a tour on my little shop http://www.comptoirdenfance.dom
Y0u will find toys, decoration products, green babywear and fun wall decals !
To visit french interiors go to my blog http://www.frenchatmosphere.blogspot.com
Enjoy !
emma

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 3:19:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gracie73 said...

This book was featured in the American Airlines magazine and your blog page was mentioned in the mag. as a webpage for inspiration. I check your blog everyday...how cool to see you in a magazine on a flight from Michigan to Texas. Hooray for you!!

Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 10:35:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home