Monday, April 20, 2009

Lasers Are My Friends



Friends. Have you ever been so happy with a shop or a company that you wanted to dedicate a blog post to them? Me too. So this post goes out to my favorite hair removal establishment. Cross-my-heart I haven't been paid a dime to write this. I just want to give my CB peeps a shout out.


I first walked through the doors of
Completely Bare last summer, when I made an appointment for a bikini wax. I picked CB because it was voted the Best Hair Removal shop in the area by a local magazine and I liked that the offices were clean and hi-tech — they sort of reminded me of the vibe you get at Clinique Cosmetics. When any sort of hair removal is involved, I much prefer a super-clean, doctor-like feel over a zen/herbal sort of place. I need to be confident the technician knows exactly what they're doing.

While I was there chatting things up with Jenn, we started talking about
laser hair removal. And how easy it was to maintain. And what an overall time saver it was. I'd been curious for quite awhile about laser hair removal, so I took the plunge, took advantage of their 50% off sale, and switched my waxing appointment to a series of 6 laser appointments.

I've just completed my series. Conclusion: I've decided that I would go back to Completely Bare in a heart beat. The staff is lovely to work with. Very responsive to questions. They have convenient appointment times, including evenings, which worked better for my schedule. I was always shown right into my appointment as soon as I arrived — I never had to wait. And the best part. They did such of good job of making me feel comfortable and at ease, when (let's be honest) there is nothing comfortable or easy about a technician and your vajango interacting.


During the very first appointment, I remember asking: But what if doesn't work? What if it's not effective on my particular body? In reply, Jenn answered: We're going to make sure you're happy. I promise. And they totally did.

You can find Completely Bare storefronts in
6 different locations. For those of you that are in or around New York, I highly recommend them. For those of you that can't get to Completely Bare, take a peek at their line of products. You can also keep up with CB on their blog.

add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

you're hilarious-

"there is nothing comfortable or easy about a technician and your vajango interacting".

Monday, April 20, 2009 at 11:06:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Janae said...

I did the laser thing, and because of my hair color it did not work. I did 9 treatments.

Monday, April 20, 2009 at 11:10:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um... what is a vajango anyway?! hee hee

Monday, April 20, 2009 at 11:48:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Zeynep said...

I loved laser treatments (both my legs) until I got 2nd degree burns on my left upper thigh during a touch-up. The this was performed at a dermatologists' office. So, though I love not having to wax/shave etc anymore, I have the lovely leopard-like brown spots on my leg now. Not attractive at all..

Monday, April 20, 2009 at 11:50:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can find many other ways to spend the $$$ this costs, 50% off or not!

Monday, April 20, 2009 at 3:08:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Heidi said...

How timely! I've been considering going under the laser recently b/c I'm sick and tired of waxing. I don't live in the NY area, but there's got to be a reputable place in San Diego. Thanks for giving me the extra nudge I needed. And glad you had such great results!

Monday, April 20, 2009 at 6:02:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home