Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Weekend




This morning I was browsing through my delicious page and found tons of links I've been meaning to share with you. Here's to some good weekend exploring á la A Cup of Jo and Rocks in My Dryer:

-Take a peek at this scanned in sketchbook by Amy Kligman. Someday I want to create something like this for no other reason than to go through the process. Thanks for the link, Summer.

-This open-plan kitchen that I spotted on Café Johnsonia has me coveting.

-My brother Jared posted photos and video of his epic Haute Route adventure on flickr. I'm intimidated by his coolness.

-This pretty, new-to-me-blog has been added to my bookmarks: A Merry Mishap.

-Travis sent me a link to this essay about another family who has recently relocated from NY. Really good.

-Prediction: the next blog to take off like Stuff White People Like will be this one. It's showcases very serious critiques of children's artwork.

-A new take on the family portrait. Have a mini documentary made of your family instead by an award-winning cinematographer.

-Buy used books to fund world-literacy.

-Spotted on kirtsy. Michael Jackson is selling off his belongings. Including the Sequined Glove.

-Liz pulled off a dining room makeover for $400.

-Did you see this post on Real Simple about using cloth and starch in lieu of wallpaper? I'd like to try this.

-Tonic says that for $20 they will stop the stream of junk mail that fills your mailbox each day. Has anyone tried this?

-Clear instructions for DIY tablecloth.

-Your photo on a silk scarf — is this so tacky it's cool?

Hey friends. One more thing. If you'd like to advertise in my sidebar, send me an email. I have great rates designed especially for small vendors. Options start at just $75.

add to kirtsy

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i actually prefer catalogchoice.org -- it's free, and it does work -- i've stopped receiving pretty much all junk mail catalogues!

Friday, April 17, 2009 at 1:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Angie said...

There are several site that get rid of junk mail for free- just google opt-out junk mail and lots of ways to do it pop up

Friday, April 17, 2009 at 1:10:00 PM EDT  
Blogger AMM blog said...

Thank you for the compliment & link love!!

Friday, April 17, 2009 at 2:06:00 PM EDT  
Blogger M K Countryman said...

I use this: http://www.41pounds.org/about/. It does cost $41 but the money helps green efforts and we receive almost no mail. It works beautifully. Some days nothing comes.

Friday, April 17, 2009 at 2:18:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Shana said...

A Merry Mishap is one of my favorite blogs. She actually goes to my church!

Friday, April 17, 2009 at 2:46:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Mixing Bowl Mama said...

Thanks for the links to other great sites...

Friday, April 17, 2009 at 3:19:00 PM EDT  
Blogger sweetlifeinthevalley said...

Cafe Johnsonia is a great blog. Nice list of reads thanks!

Friday, April 17, 2009 at 5:39:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have started so many notebooks/moleskines/sketchbooks with the intent of having them be...THAT, and I realize after three pages or three weeks that I just...can't...do it right. Mine just end up look like 200 pages of doodles and newspaper clippings. I love that "look" so much.

Friday, April 17, 2009 at 10:37:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Joanna Goddard said...

thank you so much for the link! xoxo

Friday, April 17, 2009 at 10:54:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Heather said...

Thank you for the link to whatmykidsartsays!!! I've been laughing for a half hour and am about to go back for more. Great stuff!

Saturday, April 18, 2009 at 12:05:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Artfulife said...

Thanks for posting about Amy's fabulous art & sharing all the other links as well. Hope you have a great weekend.

Saturday, April 18, 2009 at 12:12:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Ashley said...

I just finished a post on some great "art journaling" books and links. They are constant inspiration and I love sharing them with friends and family as "idea" books. My daughter is only 2 but I can't wait until she can grasp the concept and we can set up an area in the house for her to start some creativity journals.

http://lilblueboo.blogspot.com/2009/04/journaling-part-ii.html

Love your blog!

Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 2:20:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks for the Better World Books link! Just placed an order!
:)

Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 2:40:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Dan Consiglio said...

you are far, far, far too kind. although there may very well be no other childrens' art critique that can match my unique skills. thank you for your post.

Monday, April 27, 2009 at 12:36:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home