Thursday, April 16, 2009

How to make a messenger bag in 32 minutes — by Guest Mom Amy Smart




Today I want to share another simple, beginning sewing project you can make with your kids or for yourself. This is what we are giving our friends for birthday presents this year. It’s even cool enough for boys because it’s a messenger bag (not to be confused with a man purse!).


Come visit me here to learn how. I promise that you can do this in about 30 minutes. Maybe a little more if you’re still getting your sewing groove on, but you’ll feel like a pro when you’ve done it. We made this cowboy version Sunday afternoon. Even though I did all the sewing in this case, my 5-year-old felt immediately connected and proud of the bag after watching me make it for him. (Which he literally did every minute I was working.)

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Anonymous Mixing Bowl Mama said...

Thank you for this....I have a birthday boy in my house this weekend and this would be perfect....

Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 10:18:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know moms would love this. You should submit it to http://www.bizymoms.com/kansas-city/index.php
community

Friday, April 17, 2009 at 3:11:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How perfect...do you know where you purchased the fabric in the top picture? Love the colors and print. Thanks!

Friday, April 17, 2009 at 2:17:00 PM EDT  
Blogger emily said...

I, too, would LOVE to know the name/ where to purchase the top fabric- it's SO FUN!!!!

Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 10:49:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home