Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rick Rolled

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w234/cherrycodes/msbg/rick.jpg

I don't think I've laughed this hard in awhile. Have any of you been Rick Rolled? I swear I'm the last to know about this but it just happened to me yesterday. When you least expect it, you might click on a video link about an interesting story and the link will instead take you to this
classic Rick Astley video.

In fact, apparently on April 1st, Digg directed all of their featured videos, no matter what the title or description, to the video. You can read the Rick Rolled story here. Best prank ever.

And in case you weren't convinced of the mighty power of social media, check this out: because of all the Rick Rolling, Never Gonna Give You Up has been voted the official song that will be sung during the 7th inning stretch at all Mets Games. We are so going to a Mets game just to experience the awesomeness.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

12 Comments:

Blogger R-Eight said...

So funny!!

Thursday, April 24, 2008 at 10:48:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Lou @ The Higher Nest said...

OMG I know, too funny. Hubby linked me to this not long ago and I couldn't stop laughing!

Thursday, April 24, 2008 at 11:04:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Rick Astley AND the Mets - I wish I could go!

Thursday, April 24, 2008 at 11:19:00 AM EDT  
Blogger sweetlifeinthevalley said...

I have not been Rick Rolled but just last weekend my sister in Vermont called me and said do you remember this song? and held the phone up to the radio. It was Rick Astley. We both laughted. A local station does the top 20 from any given year evey weekend. It also made me laugh that this Rick Rolled thing is happeneing. It has been 20 years since I have even heard his name. Now twice in one week lol.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 at 11:48:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just learned about RR-ing, too. I love random things like this.

I'm going to RR Super Zoe right now.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 at 12:10:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Superdumb Supervillain said...

I can't tell you how much this cracks me up... in college, my best friend and I used to have a "Rick Astley Minute" on our radio show. It was primarily punk and indie rock so the minute of Astley was pretty incongruous and made us howl with laughter because people would call in and ask us to stop.

Hadn't thought of that in a while.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 at 1:51:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jessica said...

Yeah, good stuff. You might want to read this...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,352010,00.html

Thursday, April 24, 2008 at 1:53:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Leslie said...

i have so many thoughts running through my head after watching that, but none of them are nearly as funny as mr astley's pants.

thanks for the laugh!!

Thursday, April 24, 2008 at 2:56:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having been to the Rick Astley/Martika concert back in like '89 or '90 myself. I loved him. Great crooner-ish sound. So at least that CD I bought is still getting some exposure.

Friday, April 25, 2008 at 11:36:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RR'ing is so funny.

I have to wonder what Mr. Astley thinks about it!

Friday, April 25, 2008 at 7:02:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Stacie Frazier - Haute Shots said...

Ha! Love this! My coworker got me with this a few weeks ago.

Saturday, April 26, 2008 at 9:14:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Confession: I used to not only love that song (and the video!) but I wore sunglasses just like his say 18 years ago? Aahhh...the 80's. Go Rick.

Monday, April 28, 2008 at 12:05:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home