Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Book of the Week — The Lorax



Book of the Week is usually on Thursdays. But this week's selection is oh-so-Earth-Day-appropriate that I'm bending all my hard and fast rules. (Oh the chaos!)

Adriana let me know last week about the new edition of
The Lorax by Dr. Suess, that just recently came out. Random House published the new edition on recycled paper and there's even a website full of related activities. All in celebration of Earth Day.



If you're unfamiliar with The Lorax here's the short version: The Lorax is the person who speaks for the Trees. And when a new resident moves to town and greedily chops down all vegetation in site, the Lorax warns about what happens when you mess with Mother Nature. And clearly the story has some legs — it was written ages before our current Eco-Chic culture was born.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great minds think alike! I posted on that today. Te BEST!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 3:17:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

I was just told today to check out your blog and what do I find but my FAVORITE Dr. Seuss book of all time! I love Dr. Seuss but this book takes the cake. I will have to get a new copy for my son in honor of earth day. This book makes me cry everytime!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 3:24:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Lucky Baby said...

This is one of my favorite books for children!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 4:25:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fave eco book is ONLY SILLY PEOPLE WASTE. It's from the 70s. If you can find it, it rocks.

Not that I don't love the Lorax, too!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 5:34:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Yvonne said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 8:11:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Janet said...

My 4-year-old LOVES the Lorax. She feels especially sorry for the bears.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 9:26:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Bunny B said...

I loved The Lorax - I love all Dr Seuss books! :)

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 at 5:19:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Seuss is one of my all-time favorites (from my own childhood and my kids)! Love The Lorax!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 at 11:16:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Somehow we have had this book for years but had not ever read it...until your post reminded me about it and we had an earth day bedtime book.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 at 12:16:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home